Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Occasional Choking

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    The EBR ECM is matched up for my exact muffler/air filter combo. With the exception of the occasional occurrence of above mentioned issue, the bike seems to run smooth. I don't have a compelling reason to believe that it is running rich/lean. I installed new, OEM Harley plugs like 400 miles ago. The old ones seemed consistent with normal wear, dark brownish, some charring.

The throttle body looked clean when I had the air filter off when I was changing the spark plugs.
    I ask about the tb cleanliness because i would assume that would result in a less than thorough tps setting on the late model bikes. In my experience in the early bikes the sticky gunk that builds up in the throttle body makes the plate stick and hang up also makes it hard to reach a zero reading for a reset. Throttle tip in is pretty reliant on that tps assuming your a/F setup is good.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    I ask about the tb cleanliness because i would assume that would result in a less than thorough tps setting on the late model bikes. In my experience in the early bikes the sticky gunk that builds up in the throttle body makes the plate stick and hang up also makes it hard to reach a zero reading for a reset. Throttle tip in is pretty reliant on that tps assuming your a/F setup is good.
    There was a bit of a thin film of greasiness on the butterfly valve and the funnel area. Give it a wipe? Maybe with some de-greaser sprayed on a rag?

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    There was a bit of a thin film of greasiness on the butterfly valve and the funnel area. Give it a wipe? Maybe with some de-greaser sprayed on a rag?
    yeah just some TB cleaner or brake clean on a rag and wipe it out really well. then do a reset. couldnt hurt. you'll have one simple thing checked off the list.

I guess while I am in there I will check the intake flange bolts for any looseness and maybe take a peak at the IAC for any grime?

So, today was a nice day and I set out to give the bike a little attention. I was going to do all the maintenance we discussed, but I decided to check and clean my grounds first to see if that would help at all before I started getting inside the bike. The grounds at the front of the motorcycle, behind the headlights, had visible gunk and dirt on them. I thoroughly cleaned and refastened those grounds as well as the grounds on the left and right sides of the tail frames and the connections to the battery. I used a quick drying electronic cleaner spray with a straw, together with a cloth and small bristle brush. I removed quite a bit of dirt. I took the motorcycle out for about 2 hours. I shut and start the motorcycle several times. I left it off for a bit, restarted and rode again. The sputtering/choking was not there. I was not able to replicate the original symptoms.

It seems like my issues were caused by the grounding wires. I think I will still clean the TB and perhaps run the extra ground wire mod from the coil pack and the negative battery terminal to the T-Bone? Thoughts? I also thought about doing Lunatic's front ground wire mod, but my grounds appeared to be in order, aside from being dirty.

Occasional choking? Sounds like one of my Tinder dates.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-21-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Occasional choking? Sounds like one of my Tinder dates.
    Don't you mean grindr?

Ouch! Touché, my friend! Nicely played!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12