Thread: axle torque specs for XB9 2003 155 tooth belt 72/30 pulleys

axle torque specs for XB9 2003 155 tooth belt 72/30 pulleys

Hi,
    Is here somebody who know what is rear axle torque specs for XB9 2003 (155 tooth belt). I'm new here and I have to replace drive belt. My 2003 XB9s has pulleys 72/30 tooth. If you have any advice please write me it.

Inactive
    here's more than you asked but what you need to know:
    1-see link below. download it and print out. invaluable for what you'll be doing.
    2-your 2003 has "one-year-only" pulleys and belt. be sure to purchase the correct length and width belt.
    3-OEM stock belt part # for 72/30 original issue pulley combo and 2003 only is---G0500.02A8R
    4-REAR AXLE: lightly coat and i mean LIGHTLY coat rear axle with grease prior to reassembly. prevents corrosion. LIGHTLY coat threads with anti-seize prior to installation and "hand-start" axle during reassembly otherwise excellent chance of cross-threading both axle and swingarm threads. believe me....it's been done and done alot.
    5-rear axle: initially tighten to 40 ft.lbs torque.....loosen 2 turns....then tighten to 48-52ft. lbs of torque. i use 50.
    6-rear axle pinch bolt tighten to 40 ft.lbs torque.

HERE YA GO
    http://www.gigaboogie.com/buell/manu...ice-Manual.pdf

Inactive
    you're welcome.

Ouch. Common courtesy is dead here

But at least he didn't post that your wrong and you're dumb for thinking he couldn't do it himself. How DARE you sir!!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Ouch. Common courtesy is dead here

But at least he didn't post that your wrong and you're dumb for thinking he couldn't do it himself. How DARE you sir!!

LOL. i hear ya shaughn. probably expect way too much on here. other response or lack thereof that i really enjoy is this one:
    here's what's wrong.....here's where the problem lies...here's what's needed to fix it...here's the part #...here's list price...here's how many left in dealer pipe-line....here's degree of difficulty.....here's a link to order what you need.

response?
    "thanks"

A lot of people today, don't really have the time to check their posts on a daily bases, they also could have posted up on another forum and got the help they needed. Also as I have said before, there is probably many people that have read this info and archived it for later use, that, is if they're smart !
    Last edited by njloco; 05-12-2018 at 01:25 AM.

I hope thats the case, but I really like your optimistic look!