Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 08 xb12R Race Maps? PLZ Bike collecting Dust ECM: BUEOD

Well that certainly makes sense. If bad bluetooth parts got put together... all bets are off, haha. Mine have been plugged in since the day I got them banged around and even wet, so I'll assume there's nothing to worry about the ones I bought Darn Chinese girls need to earn that $2 a week!

I'm sure he's a fine gentleman, almost as smart and nice as that 34:19 guy lol. He asked, I answered. I'm not expecting anyone to HAVE to take the advise they asked for. I'm ok just giving it to give. Really, no worries here.

Hey guys,
    First of all, thanks for the continued support and advice! I know I came out a little defensive and head strong. Thanks, men of good character!
    Here is where I'm at: Got the stock map from Buelltooth, confirmed that the box was UNCHECKED on optimize burning and downloaded. No changes, bike started for a second, backfired through intake and stalled. Sat back and thought a little and remembered that the bike showed signs of hard starting before it went south. Not consistent with a bad ecm or program, right? Went ahead and changed the fuel pump. (03 Mustang 6 cylinder) That helped. Was able to get the bike to idle for a little while. Any attempt To apply throttle would cause the engine to bog and stall. Seems a cylinder is flooding out from the strong sent of raw fuel. Tested the injectors with Buelltooth and heard them click but not sure if that means anything. Going back to what Cooter said about it flooding out. Thinking I got an injector stuck open. Went ahead and ordered a set of fuel injectors and intake o rings sense I'm already there. Any thoughts guys? Heading in the right direction?

Could be a bad intake leak? That design isn’t exactly the most robust, and it has probably been a few years since they were installed at the Harley plant. They’re kind of a PITA to change, but since you’re hucking parts to see what sticks, the intake seals are cheap.

If you are admitting unmetered air (past the seals) the bikes O2 sensor will think it’s running lean and try to compensate by adding fuel.

Also, check your grounds... it’s free and can resolve all kinds of weird issues.

Thanks 34:19. Tried the propane test on the intake seals. It was hard to keep here running to validate any results. Got the fuel injectors just in case. Not a bad idea to have them in hand for now or in the future. Maybe re- visit the 02 sensor. Is there an electrical test on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankxb View Post
    Thanks 34:19. Tried the propane test on the intake seals. It was hard to keep here running to validate any results. Got the fuel injectors just in case. Not a bad idea to have them in hand for now or in the future. Maybe re- visit the 02 sensor. Is there an electrical test on that?

I'm sure there is, but I am only familiar with the DDFI-2 method... and the 34:19 method*. According to the service manual, the DDFI-2 method requires the HD Breakout Box diagnostic tool, which I dont have or have access to, which I why I devised the much simpler 34:19 method*.

I'm pretty sure your bike is DDFI-3 and the method is probably a bit different, especially since there are two O2 sensors involved.

* buy a new O2 sensor from SPHD. Lance is the man!

If you can keep it running... your Buelltooth will transmit all sorts of "Live Data" options to your ECMDroid program. You can see what your o2 output voltage is. That will also tell you if it is running lean or rich.

If you are worried its flooded, go back a step... pull the plugs (PITA but do it anyway) that will tell you without guessing anymore.

FYI, Your Buell injectors have a specific front and rear nozzle. When you pull yours you can see if it's indeed "stuck open" by blowing liquid through a 1/2 hose over the injector inlet o-ring. Super rare though.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-23-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you can keep it running... your Buelltooth will transmit all sorts of "Live Data" options to your ECMDroid program. You can see what your o2 output voltage is. That will also tell you if it is running lean or rich.

If you are worried its flooded, go back a step... pull the plugs (PITA but do it anyway) that will tell you without guessing anymore.

FYI, Your Buell injectors have a specific front and rear nozzle. When you pull yours you can see if it's indeed "stuck open" by blowing liquid through a 1/2 hose over the injector inlet o-ring. Super rare though.

This ^^^^ is why we like this guy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234