Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 08 xb12R Race Maps? PLZ Bike collecting Dust ECM: BUEOD

You are adamant you aren't going to "shell out cash" with Tim at IDS to get your bike running. Your choice.

That's ok you're still in luck! Since you bought a Buelltooth branded bluetooth dongle to communicate with your bike, you can contact Buelltooth to get a map. Stock, modified, whatever you want. It's free!

Is that where you got this first map? If so, what did they say when you called them about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankxb View Post
    Hi,
    Some how my file became corrupt.
    Echt wahr? Somehow? Könnte es nicht so gewesen sein, dass mal wieder jemand zu dumm war, die korrekte Datei für sein ECM auszwählen? Ist halt schon Scheisse, wenn der eigene IQ den seines Präsidenten nicht übertrifft ...

Google translate:

"For real? Somehow? Could not it have been that somebody was stupid again to choose the correct file for his ECM? It's just ****ty if your own IQ does not surpass that of its president ..." ich

Before you mouth off all offended again and swear it's not your fault. ich knows more about Buells and injection programming than you do (and me too). By a very, very, large margin.

ich is here.......so i'll be following this thread

ich - hope you are doing well.

Don't forget his "computer crashed". Convenient, but doesn't the file come in a e-mail?

Cooter, I know I sent him the file I had for mine over a year ago. Never said he had any issues with it. My bike runs great on it!

Ya, this thread is a little stinky. I hope he gets it fixed, but I think he's just too proud to listen to the people he asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Don't forget his "computer crashed". Convenient, but doesn't the file come in a e-mail?
    Don’t be all using logic, common sense and all that other crap.

Gents: i posted to a previous thread but as this is more current i will seek your input. I have a 2004 xb12r with 18k on it(original owner) its been in garage last 6 years. Long story short: motor comes back from hammer tomorrow with a 1250 kit(30 degree 10.5:1 reverse dome),RS605/591 cams,crush 7mm head porting with 1.9 intake and 1.610 exhaust stiffer springs,and 10.676 intake with 10.730exhaust pushrods. It also has a force exhaust and k/n aircleaner. I am kinda lost on what to do for tuning. I had prematurely gotten a dobeck ejk on recommendation of exhaust team(i still had stock motor at that point) . Aaron said that wont work. Dan recommended IDS and load a tune on their ecm(tunable). I spoke to tim and he said I should find some one with a tune and/or take to someone who has successfully tuned buells. DO you guys have any guidance.. I have to have a setup to break in the motor. Do i need to have a dyno breakin/tune done? Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast