Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 bearing wheel conversion issues

That depends on what you call "proper tools" LOL. How ya doin' Opto? I'll be riding up the whole west coast in late August, you coming down?

The spacer is fine unless it gets overtorqued. Just like drain plugs, people get crazy about axles, so check the length against the manual spec.

Tap them in to the lip. You'll hear the change in tone when they are seated, no need to Hulk smash.
    When you tighten the axle, tighten to 25ft/lbs, rotate the wheel a bit, loosen two turns, and re-tighten to 48 ft/lbs. Don't forget the locking bolt

Coot,

Doing well, thanks. Decided to lay low for a while and tend to business. For sure we will be riding together come August.

Pardon for having a joke at your expense. There are proper tools and then there is "field expedient" ha ha. Actually, pretty impressive that you pulled that one off. Even more impressive you made the last 100 miles with those funky bearings. Do you still have that Indufast bearing number?

I have an urge to re-visit the Ancient Bristle cone forest near Lone Pine(9200 ft ). I might tie that in with coming back up the Coast with you. When do we get the pie?

Opto

Mmmm, Marion Berry pie from that little lodge at Crater Lake. I'll take one please, and one to go!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123