Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xb9 d&d map?

That certainly looks like you have an issue with the bike. I would begin diagnosis by putting in the stock map you saved and re-setting the AFV to 100, TPS re-set then check for intake leaks.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but with a wildly adjusting AFV like that I believe you have issues that are not ECM related. Continuing to swap maps out will just waste time and keep you from riding it.

As a side note, I put my AFV limits at 85-115 until I get the tune close, then I set them at 90-110. That way the ECM can't over adjust too lean (hot) or too rich (foul plugs) while I'm testing a new tune and later a 20% swing in global fuel mapping should be plenty.

If anyone's using the xb9 d&d map from buelltooth what afv does your bike like most?

AFV isn't supposed to be something you adjust. That would be like regressing your fuel injection system into an old style carburetor.

Its something the ECM adjusts for itself depending on all sorts of factors, like altitude, temperature, fuel quality... so it is calculated several times a second for current conditions and will be different for each bike

This map required the bike to be run in open loop. On my 03xb9 I have a D&D exhaust, open airbox, and a few very minor mods. I acquired a map from buelltooth from a bike with the similar if not same modifications. Living at sea level having tested numerous afv's from 100-108 I find 103 to be the best right now. Just curious if anyone else using the same map had any different results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12