Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faster Idle Clutch Out / Slower Clutch in

Thanks Sinikl

I totally agree. We are all learning as we go. I barely know anything about ECM's and I would not have connected the fact that a faulty neutral switch (light goes on/off intermittently and engine cuts out when side stand it down) is also causing higher rpm at idle connected or not. Even my professional bike mechanic thought it was strange and did not connect the dots. If I knew why, I wouldn't post the question. This has nothing to do with a lack of common sense but rather a lack of knowledge to which I learn as I ask questions.

Many thanks to everyone who takes to time to answer complete strangers questions like myself but a bit more patience and kindness towards those like me who are clueless goes a long way. thanks.
    Last edited by devonbiker; 05-11-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Learning info is always good.... however ya'll need to toughen up. There is no saferoom here for snowflakes.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sinikl View Post
    FWIW as a Buell noob and a rookie to any EFI thing ever, the thought that the neutral switch was related would never have crossed my mind. Also, having been yelled at in past forums for cluttering posts with legitimately unrelated issues (i couldn't tell at the time), i especially would not have thought to post about it. i think devonbiker did his best and i'd've done the same.

Awesome help here from lunatic, cheers, and i learned something today.

appreciate the kind words my friend.
    my barking @ devonbiker was not meant to ruffle his feathers or commence some juvenile keyboard rumble but rather as a strongly suggestive "every little bit helps". attempting to repair these complex bikes and/or point the owner in the right trouble-shooting direction from behind a PC monitor and thousands of miles away challenging to say the least. common sense would dictate that if your machine has changed behavior or has a problem and in conjunction with that you've recently done something to it.....ANYTHING.....include that info.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    appreciate the kind words my friend.
    my barking @ devonbiker was not meant to ruffle his feathers or commence some juvenile keyboard rumble but rather as a strongly suggestive "every little bit helps". attempting to repair these complex bikes and/or point the owner in the right trouble-shooting direction from behind a PC monitor and thousands of miles away challenging to say the least. common sense would dictate that if your machine has changed behavior or has a problem and in conjunction with that you've recently done something to it.....ANYTHING.....include that info.
    I get where you are coming from now. Appologies if I misunderstood. But my side stand issue turning off the bike when down has been a progressing problem for many months. Only recently did I get it diagnosed now it's back on the road as it being a faulty neutral switch. However, the idle rpm increase I've only recently noticed as an issue and it was happening before the neutral switch was disconnected. Hence why I did not join the dots.

Anyway. Thanks for your input.

2009s do not have a sidestand switch.

Everytime I go to edit text on here from my phone it has been deleting the actual post for some reason.

Anyway, I posted back that the engine management light was staying on despite neutral light being replaced and sidestand switch (sensor) cable being plugged back into the loom. As it turns out 2 of the 3 wires of the sidestand switch plug end were broken. I've since soldered them and its working fine now. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by LouWambsganss View Post
    2009s do not have a sidestand switch.
    Its perhaps not a switch but a magnetic sensor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12