Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kill switch confusion

What's a hipster ? Just kidding !

What's a hipster ? Just kidding
    I owned a 1982 Honda saber 750cc, great bike, water cooled, drive shaft smooth running, however, the frame cracked ! Looked like someone cut it with a laser, they made me pay half the cost for fixing it, last honda I ever owned or will ever own.

NJ, I put about 10k on a Sabre 750 while my Ninja 1000R was in the dealer under warranty (for 9 MONTHS) for a blown head gasket. Great commuter, but my dating life suffered

The 80's weren't exactly the sexiest time for motorcycles, or anything else for that matter

I'm in no way a senior member here and have contributed very little in the years I've been a member. But I have to throw my opinion in on this one because Buell motorcycles are not unsafe, they are reliable, and man are they fun to ride. Buell is American, hell it's from Wisconsin have you ever been to Wisconsin. It's cold 7 months a year, the roads suck and most of the state smells like cows, paper mills, or beer. Buell was the vision of a mad scientist who didn't care that it is loud, or you smell like exhaust fumes after riding it, or that you have to fiddle with it almost as much as your ride He had a bigger vision, oh and he did it in his barn with his own money. He had a pile of race motors and frames from some company he bought into to improve their bikes. The way a Buell looks is simply the outcome of it's environment. It wasn't designed to look good and then all the parts were engineered to fit into that design ie HONDA, KAWASAKI, YAMAHA etc... You get my point. Have you seen the early tube frame models, have you seen the Blast. Not very welcoming to the eyes but man are they fun to ride. The tubers because they are just raw and the Blast well because it's just a matter of how long can I go before it throws the carb off the intake. The XB's and 1125's are solely the evolution to make the bike even better. Then you look at the 1190's and man what a bike. So if base your purchase of anything solely for the way it looks you must have a hell of time looking in the mirror every morning, your wife although beautiful is probably as dumb as a rock, if your were even able to find one that meets your perfectionist view. Your house is probably plain white because heaven forbid two different colors touch or roofs have angles, or windows be round. I could go on all day but I can honestly say I wouldn't trade my XB for anything, oh and you'll never get a new one. So do what you have to to keep them alive and wrecking the quite neighborhoods of suburbia. I'm proud to walk into a room holding a helmet and reeking of exhaust fumes with dirty fingers knowing that I just rode in on a piece of AMERICA. So to all riders out there keep your helmet straps tight, and the rubber side down.

Dilly, Dilly ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Quote Originally Posted by rbennett2082 View Post
    I'm in no way a senior member here and have contributed very little in the years I've been a member. But I have to throw my opinion in on this one because Buell motorcycles are not unsafe, they are reliable, and man are they fun to ride. Buell is American, hell it's from Wisconsin have you ever been to Wisconsin. It's cold 7 months a year, the roads suck and most of the state smells like cows, paper mills, or beer. Buell was the vision of a mad scientist who didn't care that it is loud, or you smell like exhaust fumes after riding it, or that you have to fiddle with it almost as much as your ride He had a bigger vision, oh and he did it in his barn with his own money. He had a pile of race motors and frames from some company he bought into to improve their bikes. The way a Buell looks is simply the outcome of it's environment. It wasn't designed to look good and then all the parts were engineered to fit into that design ie HONDA, KAWASAKI, YAMAHA etc... You get my point. Have you seen the early tube frame models, have you seen the Blast. Not very welcoming to the eyes but man are they fun to ride. The tubers because they are just raw and the Blast well because it's just a matter of how long can I go before it throws the carb off the intake. The XB's and 1125's are solely the evolution to make the bike even better. Then you look at the 1190's and man what a bike. So if base your purchase of anything solely for the way it looks you must have a hell of time looking in the mirror every morning, your wife although beautiful is probably as dumb as a rock, if your were even able to find one that meets your perfectionist view. Your house is probably plain white because heaven forbid two different colors touch or roofs have angles, or windows be round. I could go on all day but I can honestly say I wouldn't trade my XB for anything, oh and you'll never get a new one. So do what you have to to keep them alive and wrecking the quite neighborhoods of suburbia. I'm proud to walk into a room holding a helmet and reeking of exhaust fumes with dirty fingers knowing that I just rode in on a piece of AMERICA. So to all riders out there keep your helmet straps tight, and the rubber side down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234