Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kill switch confusion

Banned
    I even do not trust Buell brake system. Rear brake has some issues, for example the rear brake switch has bad spot so you cat accidentally kick it and break switch housing which already happened on me. Front brake switch has pretty flimsy wires with no protection or support structure, so I had to modify the front brake switch connectors. Now I can trust at least Buell front brake, otherwise there is no way I would ride the motorcycle with such sketchy designed brake system.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 05-13-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Lemme guess. You added a zip tie?

You don't have to even like Buells to own one, or even be on this forum. I don't care if you like them or not.

However, your mis-guided 'advise' and ludicrous analysis may actually be taken seriously by someone asking for help. That's scary. They might get too big a dose of surface energy thats so common in air cooled engines

Look, you even made me use the "down thumb" twice in this post!

Ok, three times...

Banned
    I bought IP-67 standard 2 pins waterproof connector and soldered it on existing brake switch and wrapped with a few thick heat shrink tubes to provide rigid structure. The wires from the connector go to the motorcycle wire harness inside UV resistant braided wire wrap.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 05-13-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Well, I'm sure you will now get about a million miles out of that bike !

I can picture it now....

In the year 2504 he (and his bike) will be just a pile of dust with 12 random Buell parts laying on top, in perfect condition...

....the UV resistant braided wire wrap gently rolling in the breeze, a perfect IP-67 standard 2 pins waterproof connector laying in the wasteland of what used to be human society before Skynet became aware. A large grey wolf scavenges with other wolves, looking for the last few thick heat shrink tubes. The only known rear motorcycle tire to have travelled 70,000 miles is in the distance.... Fade to black.....

So, is this the episode where TPEHAK jumps the shark?

Meth is bad kids. Don’t do it.

yeah !!!! what lunatic said !! piss off wanker

also I have only owned my xb12s for a year but I do love it and I am completely satisfied with it. I call it THOR god of Thunder because of exhaust booms

Banned

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnboub1 View Post
    yeah !!!! what lunatic said !! piss off wanker

john: this TEABAG douche has been both an annoyance and major irritant on here for several years. disregard his nonsense.
    the "red-run" or "kill switch" assembly is tied into several circuits of your XB including ignition relay, key switch relay and fuel pump circuitry thru the D wire. simply put if the motor is running regardless of speed and you move the switch to OFF position the motor should shut down completely. you likely have dirty contacts. remove the screws that hold the switch gear housing together, access the kill switch and clean the connections and contacts. when they corrode they do very odd things.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast