Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check engine light

You could also use a bluetooth dongle along with an Android phone/tablet with the right software (ECMDroid). You can find all relevant information here: https://www.buelltooth.com

In my opinion, it's the fastest and more convenient way to go. From there, you'll be able to view and erase your fault codes, and also see some interesting information gathered from your ECM. But I definitely recommend to follow lunaticfringe advices first and focus on the mechanic side first before jumping on the software side.

Quote Originally Posted by herwawan View Post
    You could also use a bluetooth dongle along with an Android phone/tablet with the right software (ECMDroid). You can find all relevant information here: https://www.buelltooth.com

In my opinion, it's the fastest and more convenient way to go. From there, you'll be able to view and erase your fault codes, and also see some interesting information gathered from your ECM. But I definitely recommend to follow lunaticfringe advices first and focus on the mechanic side first before jumping on the software side.

This ^^^^. Its money well spent.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, I agree, with it, you can trouble shoot in the field if you have a droid phone, if not get an old one or a small droid tablet that someone has and isn't using anymore!

Don't worry about clearing the codes, it does nothing to the bike besides hide evidence you need to diagnose it.

If cleaning the grounds indeed made it run fine, they will clear themselves in short order.

If your CEL comes back on, you still have a problem.

Thanks Cooter, Lunaticfringe, and everybody else. I rode about 30 miles this evening, and everything seems to be working properly. Fan came on when I shut off the bike, and no check engine light. I think I will go ahead and order a Buelltooth in case I need it later. I’ll let you know what happens. Thanks again !!!

Last edited by Danny Morrison; 05-15-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12