Thread: Differences between 2008 XB12XT and 2009 model

Differences between 2008 XB12XT and 2009 model

Hey guys,

New member here, looking to get my first Buell. It seems that the XB12XT is the one that would suit my kind of riding / profile best. I've been searching for available bikes, but was wondering if there's major differences between the 2008 and 2009 models. If yes, what are they? Feel free to point me to an existing thread on this.

Thanks!
    Vinod.

BWB has a good run down on the different model years - doesn't appear to be much changed between the 2008 and 2009 models, though I'm pretty new to Buells myself so happy to be corrected.

Inactive
    XB ulysses and XT changes between 2008 and 2009 are:
    1-drivers foot pegs slightly different design and blacked out
    2-improved drive-belt material mirroring the 1125 belt technology. was called "Flexten Plus" technology used in the belt design. our beloved Erik loves dropping kitchy names and phrasing on even the simplest of designs and enhancements.
    3-ZTL2 front brake caliper. eight pistons instead of 6.
    all i can think of at the moment other than the ulysses/XT buells are wonderful bikes and my favs.

Thanks for the replies! I was following one on eBay and he had posted the following list of updates -

Larger diameter forks. Steering lock was increased for more maneuverability and tighter turning circle. New improved triple clamps. New improved oiling system and EFI (Throttle Position Sensor now AUTOMATICALLY SET AND SELF-ADJUSTING). New timing system (no more adjustments required).

Are these all exclusive to the 2009 model? Wondering whether it makes sense to wait for a 2009 to show up for sale vs picking up a 2008, which seems to be more readily available.

I have an 08, it's a great bike on and off road, the 09 is more is also blacked out, like trans covers and so on.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by doniv View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I was following one on eBay and he had posted the following list of updates -

Larger diameter forks. Steering lock was increased for more maneuverability and tighter turning circle. New improved triple clamps. New improved oiling system and EFI (Throttle Position Sensor now AUTOMATICALLY SET AND SELF-ADJUSTING). New timing system (no more adjustments required).

Are these all exclusive to the 2009 model? Wondering whether it makes sense to wait for a 2009 to show up for sale vs picking up a 2008, which seems to be more readily available.
    he listed the 2008 model year improvements over all previous model years.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 05-18-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Oh wow, it's great to know that the 2008 is just a couple of easy improvements behind the 2009 model. Checking out this one tomorrow, my first Buell experience! Fingers crossed!