Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Start, no Lights

All

The test results are in, took the battery out of the bike when I got home hooked the jumper cables to the bike and the battery in the Jeep crossed my fingers turned the key on the bike. With no hesitation the cluster lit up, the relays in the fuse block went click. Flipped the kill switch to run and the fuel pump did it's job. Pushed the start button and she came to life. LunaticFringe, followed your link and ordered up the OE Deka battery, TPEHAK also followed your advice and ordered a voltmeter to toss on as well. Again thanks to both of you and the BUELL XB community for always being there to support their fellow riders. I do apologize for posting in the wrong category I ride an Lighting and I posted in the Bolt forum. My bad I'll try harder next time.

Inactive
    yes sir always my pleasure. XB's are hell on batteries....period. i've been using dekas in all my XB's for 10 years now and typically get 5 years out of one. a tender applied over-nite at least once a week keeps it fresh. glad you're up and running and are now well-schooled in battery dead cells and their symptoms.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 05-19-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Lunatic

Received the Deka battery on Monday along with a voltometer. Installed both bike fired right up, holds a constant 13.6 volts while engine running. I can honestly say I will only use Deka replacements in the future. The fitment, and the terminal design is just like OE, you can even feel the weight difference in the Deka compared to the previous unit.

Awesome, glad you're back in action. Thanks for posting the solution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12