Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 XB9R Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I see a can of seafoam on that John deer. Is Tea bag helping you ?

I got the clip on pretty hot before tweaking them back, so I'm not too worried. I do appreciate it though! I pulled the covers off both seats and I'm in the process of making new covers for them. I went with a more "grippy" texture, and will be adding foam to the seat as well.

I ordered the bearings from all balls I believe, so hopefully they're the upgraded ones. Old ones are SPOOKY to ride with. Touch the front brake and the front end packs up and more or less reduces the rake and trail to scary numbers I'd imagine. Thanks everyone! I'll continue to update

Theres nothing wrong with re-covering them, especially if you want a specific material. I was just saying it's cheaper to buy those seats. Be sure to use a 'Marine' rated vinyl for outdoor UV protection and mold resistance. It's a bit more money, unless you like re-covering your seats every year

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...oes-upholstery!

AllBalls will be the tapered style bearings, and better than the OE regular ball bearings

Your choice on the clip-on, but think about $20 vs. what happens if it stress cracks from vibration and fails

Yeah I may scope out another clip on, I'd hate for it to bust off at the worst possible moment. That'd be my luck. So the consensus is that I should make a 5v regular for the speed sensor? Or is it already getting supplied a clean 5v? The bike is an 03 and idk if it was updated by then or not. Thanks!

You won't need to custom wire anything if you just get a speedo sensor for a 2003 XB. Why do you think you need to wire in a homemade regulator?

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...ors-/-lighting

It shows as the same part from '03-'10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with re-covering them, especially if you want a specific material. I was just saying it's cheaper to buy those seats. Be sure to use a 'Marine' rated vinyl for outdoor UV protection and mold resistance. It's a bit more money, unless you like re-covering your seats every year

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...xb12r~yt_seats

I used to have an extra passenger seat from my CR. I think I gave it away for $10 or something.

I read somewhere that the XB's like to eat speed sensors because they get fed 12v instead of 5v, and it was fixed in the later model years. Apparently an updated sensor had a regular built in. If that's not as popular as I gathered then it's good news and I'll skip the regulator! Haha

I got both seats recovered today. Stopped by the fabric store and broke out the sewing machine when I got home. Used the old covers as patterns and made up some new ones. Definitely not going to win any awards, but they look pretty good. I went with a grippy, black vinyl that's UV rated/waterproof. Pretty much the same material you'd get with a newer bike seat.

Banned
    Hey, I have same floor in my room!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast