Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 XB12 STT SE Michigan

2008 XB12 STT SE Michigan

Hey guys I am considering selling my 08 STT. I have been in love with this bike for the past 5 years but I am looking to upgrade. I always said I would keep this bike but I don't have the room. I am having a hard time putting a value to it. I cannot find any STT's around to compare. For 2008 they only made 106 of them. I assume that has to add to the value. I see lightnings going anywhere from $3,500 to $6,500 depending on year condition etc. Can you guys please give me your opinions? Here are the details:

2008 XB12 STT
    • 16,300 miles
    • Buell Race Muffler
    • K&N Air Cleaner
    • Modified Race Tune
    • Tail Chop
    • Pirelli Scorpion Tires
    • LED Signals and Tail
    • HID Low Beam
    • Seat from SS
    • Stock STT Seat
    • I still have stock turn sigs and number plates. I don't have stock exhaust. I have passenger pegs. I don't have rear fender (it was too ugly)
    • New Belt last season along with new wheel bearings front and rear.
    • New front pads

Overall the bike is in good condition. It has been my pride and joy. Always well maintained. On battery tender year round. I need to clean it up and take some decent photos.

If I put it up for sale today I would ask $5,500. Is that way too high? Let me know your input.

Thanks!

Inactive
    If I put it up for sale today I would ask $5,500. Is that way too high?

yes.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    If I put it up for sale today I would ask $5,500. Is that way too high?

yes.

Thanks for the response. How far off do you think I am? Does rarity really play a part in these bikes? I can't find a single STT for sale currently to compare.

I sold an 07 ss for 4k a year ago, has 11k miles custom paint dean Adams pipe and tune and fresh oil and rocker box gaskets.
    I've watched a 08 stt in Topeka sit for sale for a year @3500 with 8k miles all stock translucent plastics and new tires.
    So, if you really want to sell it 3500... if you'd rather sit on it for awhile start@ 4500

Something is only worth what somebody else will pay. Sadly, there are so many cheap XBs out there, it is hard to get top dollar for even a nice, rare example. I don't know about where you are at, but here in Phoenix, AZ, there are a dozen XB's for $2500-3500. The ones closer to $3500 sit for a long time and even longer now that it is heating up. But you are in the reverse situation of being at the start of your riding season. I bought my 2004 XB-12S for $2400 4 years ago right at the end of our riding season (I bought it in June just as it hit 100 degrees). I passed on an 08 XB STT at the time for $3500 and should have bought it, but I was new to Buell and didn't know what I was doing. But I was able to get my XB and a Suzuki Bandit 1200 for nearly the same money as the STT, so it worked out for me.

So even though I think you have a very desirable Buell XB, it is still a 10 year old bike. All the guys into Buells know they can find decent examples in the $2500-3000 range. So they could buy 2x for price you are thinking. I'm not trying to break your balls, but it's hard to get your money out of bikes.

Now, I think the way you could get your money out of it was to trade it for either a cheaper XB and cash or for another bike entirely. A few years ago I had a gen 1 Yamaha FZ1 after the gen 2 came out. I wasn't able to get much for it (and it was the desirable yellow & black model) as I kept getting low balled. I took some trade plus cash for it. Then I was able to sell the trade for a decent amount and got more than if I sold the bike outright.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TileGuy View Post
    Thanks for the response. How far off do you think I am? Does rarity really play a part in these bikes? I can't find a single STT for sale currently to compare.
    yes sir you're welcome. i'm in southern PA and prices here seem to be reflective of most other US areas. as a measuring stick for you i recently sold a 2008 Ss long, 2500 miles, orange krate transluscent, completely stock, flawless, clear PA title in my name. listed it for $5900....sold in 2 days for $5500. it's worth more than yours. recent documented sales always worth more than pricing opinions.

Was going to pick up an 07 STT bone stock 3,000 immaculte. Guy had it listed for $4k. Don't know what he got for it. Yours is an 08 which is the better of the 2 years they were made....with the stronger crank n all

pm sent

I have decided I am going to list it for $4,000. I will be replacing the fork seals this week and cleaning her up. I hate to see it go, but I need something more touring oriented. I will post pictures etc once its ready. Thanks for all the input.

My buddy just sold his for 4K, it was a 07 with 1900 miles on it, beautiful bike, mint condition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast