Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell XB9SX Tyre Choice

Buell XB9SX Tyre Choice

Hi All,

My 06 XB9SX need some new tyres and I wanted to know what you people would recommend for a decent handling tyre over here in the UK.

I don't go out on it in the rain so it going to mainly dry rides.

Also, what are the best sizes to go for too?

Thanks
    Cad

Cadmann

I run the Metzeler M7rr's in stock size on my 09 XB9SX like you I don't ride in the rain and they are great compared to the factory rubber. As far as size goes leave it stock, the tires on the bike are that size for a reason. If Buell thought a different size would have been better they would have put those on instead.

I have Pirelli Angel GT’s on my 2009 xb9sx and they are fantastic. I live in Oregon where even on a nice day it might rain, and I have had no issues at all on dry or wet roads. They have a great lifespan, I’ve put 3k on them and they look almost new still. For $450ish installed, I couldn’t be happier.

No need to go with anything other than stock size imho, unless you have a widened rear wheel, swing arm, chain drive, etc.
    Last edited by Dreams of Steel; 05-27-2018 at 03:01 AM.

I’ve ran several pairs of Dunlop Q3’s. While they don’t last super long (5k usually), they have an unbelievable amount of grip once warmed up. Work great on the Buell and my ‘Busa.

I'm used to the Pirelli SuperCorsas and just got a set of Q3+ for the EBR. Man I hope they last 5K! haha

Not in the UK, so sorry if this is threadjacking.... But Revzilla has a sale on Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs right now. I only ride in the rain if i get caught in it, so I'm ok with a 'dry' tire. These look like a pretty aggro/road and also track tire, so life won't be good and I'm ok with that. They're also superseded by newer tires, and I'm also ok with that.

Any thoughts on these?

I've run Q3s. I really like them, but I'm thinking about trying the Michelin Road 5s. I heard nothing but rave reviews about the Pilot Road 4s, so I guess I'm gonna be checking the reviews pretty hard.

For what it's worth, I'm currently running Continental Sport Attack 3 and love them. But, I also know that most any modern tire is going to have way more capability than I can push them on the street.

Any update on the Sport Attack 3's? ...Wear, mileage, continued enjoyment, etc? I'm looking at a set for my XB9 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm currently running Continental Sport Attack 3 and love them. But, I also know that most any modern tire is going to have way more capability than I can push them on the street.

Bridgestone S21 works pretty good on my 1125CR at the moment, I wouldn't hesitate to run them on my XB12 either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast