Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member and owner of a 2001 m2 cyclone

New member and owner of a 2001 m2 cyclone

32855206_10216127174076845_6954674155379752960_n.jpg

Any helpful tips for maintenance ? recommended oil and filter , spark plugs etc..
    First time owner of a buell and loving it .

Welcome. I also have a Cyclone. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

Ride it as often as you can.

Welcome to the forum!

Update** Had to clean carb wasn't staying on previous owner had it sitting months . in process part # P0235-9B broke so I have to wait till it arrives next week :/

If you are working on the carb, be sure to get yourself a set of JIS screwdrivers if you don't have them already.

Use them on any screw that looks like a phillips but has a little dot on the head

Or, have teabag make you up a new and improved set !

UPDATE.. have not been able to ride, been running into all sorts of problems.... sucks cause when i bought i got to ride it home struggling to keep it on cause of carb . parked it cleaned carb and now seems to have elctrical issues.. starter clicks,, checked and replaced circuit breaker, charged battery .. and cant seem to get it to turn over .... so frustrated dont want to give up on it but seems like something so simple yet so hard .... any help or tips would be awesome thank you guys

Fully charge the battery then take it and have it load tested, you could also get another known good battery and jump it. What your trying to do is rule out the battery as the problem.

In addition to nj’s advice,
    Have you checked and cleaned your battery cables?
    Made sure all grounds were clean and tightly attached?

Did you try to “jumper” across the starter terminals to help determine if it’s the starter itself? Or just a bad relay or dirty switch contacts?

Finally got it going ! i took battery to get tested it was checked off as good was reading correct voltage and everything. for the last couple days i was testing everything i could i took that bike apart... was about to finally remove starter and rule it as that being the cause... when i was removing the primary cover something inside me wanted to just jump start with car just in case i had tried everything but that since it was tested as a good battery..basically jumped it started right up .. turned out the batttery had a short in one of the cells and the machine couldnt catch it ... cyclone rides like an animal so excited to be on the road with it !! thank you guys for the advice !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast