Thread: XB12 scg '08 -> ECMDroid shows TPS=85% although throttle FULLY OPEN

XB12 scg '08 -> ECMDroid shows TPS=85% although throttle FULLY OPEN

Hopefully somebody familiar with the DDFI3 EFI could help me with this problem.
    I have searched the forums and manuals for days and just cannot figure out what is going on

I am using Buelltooth and ECMDroid and I have recorded log files which show (in Megalogviewer) that TPS pecentage does not go above 85%, even in WOT condition.
    I also took out the airbox and verified that when the throttle plate is 100% open (exactly vertical, lever mechanism against the stop), the ECMDroid still only shows 85%.
    However the TPS Voltage shows 3,92V when throttle fully open.
    This is according to the spec in the electrical manual.

The bike has a Sebring(Remus?) exhaust and a highflow airfilter (BMC?).
    To my knowledge the ECM has not been touched so far, but I am not 100% sure of this anymore. This is actually the reason why I got the Buelltooth and started to look into this.

The first time I connected to ECMDroid it showed that the AFV value is 83,8.
    Also the in the ECMDroid -> o2 setup -> Closed loop configuration -> the "Enable Closed Loop" is not activated (and cannot be activated since it is "gray").

I already got the Sebring file/tune from Buelltooth and tried it briefly (in open loop) -> seems to run very rich (gas smells) and run quite poorly (sputters, not sounding "right").
    --> Now I changed back to the "original" file and try to sort out these problem before trying the Sebring file again.

ECM ID:BUEOD

Did u do a tps reset. I know, dumb question, but you didn't mention it in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by jesserontu View Post
    I am using Buelltooth and ECMDroid and I have recorded log files which show (in Megalogviewer) that TPS pecentage does not go above 85%, even in WOT condition.
    The throttle will commonly open to only 85°, as this is the value set in the ECM (http://www.ecmspy.com/cgi-bin/detail...m=79&offset=22) - at least for DDFI-2 (approximatley 5° are needed for idle speed), but I am not sure if this is the case too with DDFI-3. Are you sure you are watching percentage (TPP), not degrees (TPD)?

The TPD indeed opens only to 85 degrees in WOT position, I bet this is what you’re reading. Plus if your voltage matches the user manual, you’re good

As for your AFV, it’s a little bit low (should be maximum roughly 10% more or less around 100%).

For the rest, I am not familiar with that generation of ECM so I cannot help you with the closed loop feature grayed in the app, sorry!
    Last edited by herwawan; 05-20-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks everybody for your comments!
    Little bit embarrassing but yes, I think I am looking at the degrees . Did not think about that... And yes, I have done the TPS reset.
    So it seems that everything is fine with the TPS then...

Good, but then I have no idea what causes the strange behavior, like the low AFV=83,8.
    The AFV seems to be fixed setting, in that it stays constant except once it rose exactly 4,5% (to AFV=88,3) for approximately one minute and then went back to 83,8. Before this change there was a few seconds the o2 was very low (lean) so the change is at least logical.
    As I mentioned, the Closed loop is ticked off (and gray) in ECMDdroid but still it seems to be working because the EGO values are changing.
    But based on the o2 values it seems to be running lean quite often, so I cant understand why it is not adjusting the AFV higher.
    I could post the tune (xpr file) and log (mls file), but I didn't find a way to attach files in this forum.
    It would be very helpful to have a look at xpr-file that is verified to be STOCK.
    Do you guys know where I could get one?