Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlight conversion

Headlight conversion

I have a need to replace my low beam headlight, looking to replace it with a LED conversion rather than a Halogen. There will probably have to have a resistor installed in the circuit for lowering the voltage from 12v to 5v. My question is are there any ready made 5v conversion kits? High Beam as well? Who would be a supplier on such an item?

A replacement LED headlight will have the resistor, and more importantly the heat-sink ballast included with it.

Cooter- looking for a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    This is something else I have been looking around on for both bikes. The headlamps on the Lightning are completely garbage and the 1125R is running 4 55W HID's. The HID's just use a bit too much power but I love the light output (I will get the voltage low/battery light on idle with high beams and low beams on). My assumption is those LED bulbs won't fit in the housings on either bike with that rear heat sink and fan and be able to be sealed with the cap. Probably wouldn't want to seal it anyway due to the heat. I will often still take a bike to work even if it's heavy rain...thoughts? Are your lights exposed to the elements? If they are, how have they been holding up?

I have the Sealight LEDs from Amazon and I love them. They cast a really nice pattern. The low beam is sharp and confined, the high beam is wide. Mod your wiring or switch to have both beams on at the same time for max lighting at night (with no oncoming traffic). No issues or blown fuses after about a year for me.

has anyone modify the housing on a lightning and installed 4inch round DAY MAKER headlights like on the new HD?

Maybe not, but you can be the first and post up the video ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !

FYI, I "googled H-4 bulbs" as a generic example, but Buell's take a H-7 in stock housings. Sorry if that was mis-leading. I'm still learning how literal this site can be!

I know the Superbright LED brand bulbs fit in stock Lightning housings by cutting the rubber, but I had the Sealights brand on the CR and don't know if that brand fits an XB-S

I am running these ,They have my vote. I wired them so that when I hit high beam both are on !
    https://www.xenonhids.com/low-beam-h...SABEgLeMvD_BwE

spring3_080 by Jack Joseph, on Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast