Thread: Handle Bars need to be taller

Handle Bars need to be taller

Searched and read a lot but all results are about more aggressive bars. I am 6'4" tall and just bought a 07 XB12SS, it feels like all my weight is on my hands when I ride. I need the bars to come back and be taller. I found Rox 2" riser but says its for the Ulysses, will they fit?

Thanks

Yes

Inactive
    they will darin as shaughn mentioned but if you go that route you're going to have to get really creative with wiring and cable routing. it's going to be very, very close.

On my SS, the tallest bar I could run was a Renthal Low... I needed to re-route the brake hose slightly to make it work. Anything taller or wider than than probably wont work, as the throttle cables were maxed out with that bar.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-22-2018 at 04:03 PM.

I put a 1" riser on my wife's xb12 with a set of xb9 city bars. The cables were long enough but couldn't imagine going any higher with out mods.

Own two 07, XB12STT Lightnings. On one of them I mounted a lightweight MadStad Buell wind shield and installed Rox 2" risers. Kept the original brake hose, throttle & clutch cables. Had to reroute the brake hose, can't remember if I had to lengthen the wiring.

The second TT was set up for long distance riding. Installed a larger MadStad screen for a Spyder and soft bags. Installed 1" Precision and 2" Rox risers. Had to lengthen the wiring and install a Ulysses clutch cable and brake hose. Was able to keep the TT throttle cables. With this set up I'm able to go for 500+ miles runs with no lower back, wrist or hand pain. I'm 69 and want to keep riding the same as I did when younger. Last Wednesday I did a 509 mile run into the Cascade Mountains and Central Washington.

The "low" version of this bar is taller than the factory bar?

https://www.cyclegear.com/parts/rent...RoCvxAQAvD_BwE