Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 XB12x ULY just drops power at 4grand

Quote Originally Posted by herwawan View Post

It was my Cam Position Sensor that was tired and would cause the issue once the engine hot.

I agree with Frenchie here I'm not one for guesses and parts swapping, but a CPS is fairly inexpensive and easy to change.

Your AFV at 85 may or may not be the problem, but it is a problem. The ECM is pulling a ton of fuel out of the bike for some reason. Old O2 sensor maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I agree with Frenchie here I'm not one for guesses and parts swapping, but a CPS is fairly inexpensive and easy to change.

Your AFV at 85 may or may not be the problem, but it is a problem. The ECM is pulling a ton of fuel out of the bike for some reason. Old O2 sensor maybe?
    so I changed it to open loop so it would take the o2 sensor out of it? I can grab a CPS of one of the other bikes and see if that works as well

It would be in open loop at WOT anyway, and the ECM is still adjusting with the EGO. You can use the 'live data' with ECMDroid to check the O2 voltage when riding. It might just be lazy and causing the AFV change. Like I said I don't think its the problem, but it needs to be addressed.

Good luck on the CPS swap, sometimes it's better to be lucky

Edit: I was thinking about this.... what's you muffler situation? any changes to or from stock recently? 4k is about where the active muffler valve activates. Usually not an issue, but with a drastically low AFV of 85-ish it may be combining to be too lean to run well.

Last edited by Cooter; 05-23-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12