Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XR1200 - my next bike?

XR1200 - my next bike?

So, I stopped off at the Harley dealer last night to kill some time and see if there wasnt anything that I couldnt live without for my Roadster.... so, yeah. Nope!

Anyhow, while looking at the new bikes, I wandered over to the used bikes and saw an 2009 XR1200.

This is the first time I'd seen one in real life, and what an awkward, yet cool looking bike. I can see why these didnt sell well in the US.

Anyhow, I'm kind of an awkward looking odd duck and felt my wallet tingling.

Thoughts? Any one here with an experience on an XR?

Then again, for that much money. I could get another XB and have a truly awkward (yet better looking) bike that is likely better engineered as well.

I like them! Hard to find but lots of character. I have no idea how comfortable they are

My eyes stray towards them from time to time too. But I always end up thinking "xbs are better and cheaper..."
    Tempting though when you find a deal on one
    https://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/mc...596623443.html
    2009 HD 1200XR - $5100

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/mc...581341302.html. ooooo THIS one has more upgrades!

It does not tickle my fancy at all, get another xB !

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    My eyes stray towards them from time to time too. But I always end up thinking "xbs are better and cheaper..."

That was my thought also.... I could buy a 2009 or 2010 XB for that price. Heck, there is a guy in Phx selling a cherry 2010 1125r in white, that looks like it has been very well cared for about the same price I am looking at on the XR.

They definitely look much better in photos. The proportions look at bit awkward (to me at least), in person... but I spent a lot of time ogling the 10 year old XR and very little time looking at the new bikes on the showroom floor.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-23-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I like them! Hard to find but lots of character. I have no idea how comfortable they are
    I read the reviews on them and the reviewers never commented about the seat being uncomfortable. Usually, if its doing its job and being comfy, no one notices.

In fact, most all reviewers pretty much fawn over how incredible the bike is.... but I think most of the gloating is followed up with "for a Harley". AKA "the XR handles amazing for a Harley"

One thing I did notice was how "mechanically quieter" it was compared to an XB. The stock exhaust had an impressive tone and note without being loud or obnoxious.

For some reason I find them pretty cool and I like the XR in all black.

I like them. Very cool.

I've always liked the look of the XR1200. But, I'd keep my Buell and add one of these to the stable instead (assuming that they make it to production). Granted, they'll be more expensive than the XR or XB, but they look very cool and I expect they will perform very well also.

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/ftr1200/

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast