Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XR1200 - my next bike?

Inactive
    local guys here have a few orange/black XR's and absolutely love them. one has a "tune" and exhaust....other PC-5 and exhaust and both putting out a tad over 100HP at the crank. pretty damn respectable for that motor. NO wind management whatsoever but super comfy, roomy, great ergos and bomb-proof drivelines. aesthetics a matter of taste but personally i think they're incredibly attractive with a few light mods. limited to evening jaunts and day-trippin' but a hell of alot of fun to ride. handling and braking is outstanding.
    James: word out of Minnesota re. the FTR1200 is that Polaris is struggling with acceptable seating comfort.....mirrors.....EPA drive-by noise compliance....and most importantly liability from potential burns suffered at the hands of the never-seen-in-production-before exhaust system. the exhaust is the big stumbling block so i'm told. they want to keep the sound and look but the liability exposure is the stumbling block. one hell of a cool bike though if they can pull it off. IMO they'll sell like hotcakes if MSRP stays in the Scout neighborhood.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 05-24-2018 at 12:21 PM.

James: word out of Minnesota is that Polaris is struggling with acceptable seating comfort.....mirrors.....EPA drive-by noise compliance....and most importantly liability from potential burns suffered at the hands of the never-seen-in-production-before exhaust system. the exhaust is the big stumbling block so i'm told. they want to keep the sound and look but the liability exposure is the stumbling block. one hell of a cool bike though if they can pull it off. IMO they'll sell like hotcakes if MSRP stays in the Scout neighborhood.
    i would have a hard time NOT buying one if they work out. I honestly had put the bike out of my mind completely in assumption it would never work out. Hope it does!

Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post
    I've always liked the look of the XR1200. But, I'd keep my Buell and add one of these to the stable instead (assuming that they make it to production). Granted, they'll be more expensive than the XR or XB, but they look very cool and I expect they will perform very well also.

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/ftr1200/

That is a cool bike.

I love my xr

Quote Originally Posted by RogueRebel View Post
    I love my xr
    Nice! Which one do you have? The XR1200 or the XR1200X?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Nice! Which one do you have? The XR1200 or the XR1200X?
    2012 xr1200x , and i love it. Hands down my fave Harley
    Last edited by RogueRebel; 05-24-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueRebel View Post
    2012 xr1200x , and i love it. Hands down my fave Harley
    Pics or I don't believe you!

I agree about pics! I don't know what colors the 1200x came in vs the original 1200, but I'd definitely want it it orange.

As for the FTR, thanks for the update, John. I've read some of the reviews from folks who have ridden it and they are consistent with what you say about the exhaust cooking folks. I'm sure that they can work that out and keep it pretty close to the pre-production look. As you say, I think it would be a huge hit if it ever makes it to the showroom floor.

20171127_115035.jpg
    It's kind of in a scrambler configuration right now but I'm about to put my solo tail and headlight mask on it and make it a tracker again

Thats a good looking bike. The tail is interesting... is that a HD part or an aftermarket piece?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast