Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

New Guy

Hey All, new guy here. Names Preston T. I'm from Memphis, Tn. Just picked up a 2006 Buell Firebolt XB12R. I've been creeping the forums a bit and decided to say hey. Lots of info here. I have the under 4k stutter and red warning (2 cylinders warning light) light that comes on in heavy traffic. I've already got a cable and emcspy coming. Also a Jardine slip on. I work for Lunati Cams and would be glad to help anyone out with any go-fast parts they may need. Anyway thanks for the knowledge, I'm sure I'll be right at home here.

Thanks,

Preston T.
    20180522_140241.jpg
    Last edited by pthomas3166; 05-24-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Welcome. If you havent adjusted your suspension yet it can make a huge difference. This chart has worked well for many to start with.

Yes! I'll need to play with it a little, I haven't had a lot of free time, but I'm a muscular guy on the big side (around 230lbs) so what Its set to is a little weak lol.

Oh yea you are probably getting a lot more dive than you want in the front end.

Check out this site for a service manual. http://buellmods.com/

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Oh yea you are probably getting a lot more dive than you want in the front end.

Check out this site for a service manual. http://buellmods.com/
    "Dive" aka accidental stoppies.... and yes...

Welcome. This place is filled with tons of knowledge. The best way to answer a question you may have is to first go to Google and in the search box type " site:buellxb.com " followed by whatever you are looking for.... It's a great way to find specific information. Obviously you can post any questions as well.

Welcome to the forum! I love Memphis... almost as much as Nashville lol. You'll love the bike, post up what codes you find....

Welcome, Preston! I visited Memphis once...awesome BBQ! Nice looking Firebolt! Sounds like you are on your way to getting it sorted. Enjoy! And, thanks for the offer about parts!

We def get down on some bbq down here! Nashville is awesome too. I do circle track racing, drag racing, autocross, a little bit of everything guys, please feel free to message or call if you have questions on that stuff or need a hookup. I've owned Harley's and sport-bikes, too. Not to sound like a fanboy, but this is the best handling little damn bike I've ever owned. I got my cable in yesterday and my Jardine Exhaust in today. I couldn't get anything done as I had my little girl, but it appeared that the tps cable had slid up under the intake box. I free'd it and will try to do the tps reset this afternoon. It appears that the intake is modified, as it is just a filter with a plastic cap... no box. The exhaust also appeared to be factory, but when I took a closer look, it says not for on-road use. I'll get some pics tonight if you guys care to see. That could be why she's acting a little funny. NGK Plugs, drain plug o-rings, thread sealant, oil, and K&N Oil filter are all on the way as well.
    Last edited by pthomas3166; 05-25-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Is circle racing the same thing as flat track racing on dirt ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast