Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted XB12SS, Will award finders fee...

The Quest may be over!! I'm flying down to hopefully buy the one in New Jersey! Placed a deposit, planning on riding it home... All 700miles!! Will make a thread about my adventure
    01212_k1axFn7ogC7_1200x900.jpg

Inactive
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ remember seeing that ad and appeared to be a very nice bike. happy for you. before you leave the sellers' place check all your fluids...tire pressures...signs of any leaks. should be trip worthy from the looks of it. and if i can make a travel suggestion when you leave NJ if you enter PA anywhere above philly....and you probably will....get yourself westbound on PA. RT. 6. one of the most scenic roads in america...all 2 lane----cycle friendly----tons of cycle dealers length of the route who can help you out if you have a problem---ends in OH. you'll be able to cover almost 1/2 of your entire ride home on that route and it is stunning and rider friendly. good luck and be careful.

Thanks for the advice!! That's actually the route I mapped out! Then riding the coast up into Michigan Just confirmed what I was thinking.. Any advice for my girlfriend? She wouldn't let me go without her, she wants the adventure too! (Wife material)

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by IanT720 View Post
    Thanks for the advice!! That's actually the route I mapped out! Then riding the coast up into Michigan Just confirmed what I was thinking.. Any advice for my girlfriend? She wouldn't let me go without her, she wants the adventure too! (Wife material)
    riding home 2-up? check the suspension and add some pre-load both front and rear. run rebound and compression damping in the middle settings front and rear and see how it feels. you're going to want alot of rear shock preload. easy to set. depending on how far you get the first day stay over-nite at the canyon motel on main st. in wellsboro, PA. great rates...exceptional place...the coolest little town you'll see the entire trip. she'll love it. lots of mom and pop joints the entire route. i'm in southern PA. send me a PM if you'd like and i'll give you my home and cell #'s in the event you run into a problem and need some help or just advice. dress warm. sun hot as hell up there this time of year but crispy temps at times.

I just grabbed a chart on setting the suspension! I didn’t even think of that, since I never adjust it on my bike. Great tips! And yes I will send you a PM. Digging the Buell community so far!

Where and when in NJ ?

Congrats man! Bike looks good. I'd assume she'll be driving the car home? I'd suggest swinging by Lunatics, even though I've never been there myself. He is a huge font of Buell knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Where and when in NJ ?
    Near Flemington NJ, flying in Friday into Philly... Getting the bike around 5pm... Then start heading towards Scranton where I'll probably spend the night... Then its onto Michigan

Well, Flemington isn't too far, maybe an hour and quarter, if you need someone to check it out, let me know. It would have to be in the morning though since I just went on nights at work ?

This thread makes my feel happy You guys are great.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast