Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: rear caliper 4 pot upgrade. pics :-)

Bit of follow up on the brakes. 4 pot rear is brillant. just right for town use, but nice power when you need to slow down in a hurry.

Got the ebr 8 pot fitted up front with a 19 x 18 radial master. All i can say is the braking is superb. I can tickle both brakes and get nice feedback and progressive braking.

But I think the bike has it in for me and doesn't like being used as a daily rider. Beginning of week she decided to grenade a rear wheel bearing as 60mph. expected better life from SKF bearings. only lasted 8 months. but local bearing shop had replacements in stock so all good.

Then got up this morning for work, rode bike about 2 mile down road and got terrible tire shake as I went round a corner, pulled up quick check and decided to head home. got back and noticed free spirits tensioner and threw it's spring off for some reason.

8 months on SKF bearings!? Somethings amiss...

I would bet the wheel spacer is under spec causing too much side load, or they weren't installed deep enough, maybe rear axle was over torqued? Something... That sucks.

following up on the bearing problem. Got onto the supplier and they sent replacements and requested the old ones be sent in for investigation.

Ive checked the inner spacer s touching the bearings on install and the outer faces of the bearings are touching spacers. I think it's down to water intrusion that has caused issue as I ride all year round. there was trace of water inside the hub

Other than that the BRAKES are on the money

The bearings should be (RS) sealed bearings so water shouldn't be an issue, barring a mis-applied pressure washer of course

The bearing spacer spec is for length. Thats what dictates the side load on the bearings and the tolerance is very, very, small. Over-torquing the axle nut just one time can crush that aluminum spacer out of spec and cause the exact issue you are having. I'd check it.

Congrats on the rear rake, glad you like it!

You actually ride in the rain ????????????

Just kidding, I used to, too old for that now, that's what four wheels are for.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234