Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rear caliper 4 pot upgrade. pics :-)

I did the brembo, hinden caliper mod, and it’s much better than stock.

Nice work on conversion. To me it looks a bit bulky for a minimalist ride like an xb.

Nice work OP!

Cool set up. That’s a lot of brake power on the rear.

I see that a lot people saying they don’t use the rear brake or just very little once and a while.. I must be a weirdo I use my back brake every stop every time. And I have noticed over the years of dirt and street riding that from high speed throttle chops If I apply my rear brake before my front the bike will settle down and experience less dive sensation while really throwing the fire off the brakes.. not saying it’s the right thing but it feels good and I like things that make me feel good lol

one really important function of a back brake, to me, is going downhill on a dirt trail. The bike washes out really easily with the front brake but the rear brake keeps everything tidy. Talking about my Uly here

MakingPain: If you keep you arms loose and grip the bike with your thighs like you're supposed too, it won't dive like that.

Try it back to back at stop lights using only the front brake, you'll see what I mean.

Yea for the amount of stopping power the rear brake is gonna offer you, the stocker is more than up to the task.

Mr Cooter you are correct with the loose arms and tight thighs to bike. What I meant by “settle” the bike down is, your coming from a loaded torqued out frame and suspension to a relaxed motorcycle in a split second and applying the rear before the front will bring the bike into a smoother deceleration. Instead of sinking the front end down right out of a throttle chop with the front only..

I picked that up from a factory Kawasaki racer from the 80s my buddies uncle that now designs dirt bikes for Kawasaki.

I must be one of the werid people in the world that like good brakes both front and rear. I like nice progressive brakes that are not like a switch. No point having good front brakes and mediocre brakes on the rear. Now weather has calmed down, I'm out to try the 8 pot on the front :-)

I had a similar discussion/arguement with a friend of my fathers. He's got a total stock 883 sportster with the usual cheap tack stuck on it like headlight covers etc. He said his brakes are totally adequate. Then He saw the sportster I purchased that had a buell rotor upfront with a 6 pot tokico and a 250mm rotor out back with a 4 pot on the rear. My father rode both bike when he took them for their yearly inspection. He rode mine and the brakes were great. He rode his mates and after he stuck his man vegetables on the wheel, he finally stopped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fattyJr; 06-03-2018 at 03:31 PM.

That is a funny way of putting it, his man vege's on the wheel !

P. S. To me, that kind of looks like a sportster version of a Buell STT.
    Last edited by njloco; 06-04-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast