Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell shops????

Buell shops????

I'm in Malibu California getting my Buell in a couple days, does anyone have any preferences or anywhere to get my motorcycle worked on serviced tuned ect???

Your garage. Seriously you, a service manual, and this forum is probably the best you are going to find. The majority of shops don’t know Buells. If you don’t have time hopefully someone will chime in with a better option.

I'm a total DIY guy myself, In El Segundo.

There you go, I think Cooter just volunteered, if so, bring beer !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    There you go, I think Cooter just volunteered, if so, bring beer !

What do you need a shop for?? You haven't even got the bike yet?

Any decent shop can do maintenance, Most any decent V-twin shop can do engine work, theres not much 'Buell specific' to them. Even the ECM has been 'jail-broken' for us DIY''ers

Ok so what I got out my question is no one knows just wing it

Justin, " Ok so what I got out my question is no one knows just wing it " sorry but, this statement makes no sense. If you bothered to read info in this forum, you would know that your never really alone troubleshooting. These guys go above and beyond to help people out with any problems they may have with there bikes. Most of us enjoy wrenching on our own bikes to different degrees of difficulty. What hey are saying is simple stuff like checking the air in the tires or, changing out the oil, or adjusting the primary chain or clutch is pretty simple.

Example, I got stuck on the side of the road once with my 08 Ully, a good Samaritan gave me a boost which got me under way but not all the way home, my son took the battery out of one of my other bikes and brought it to me. When I finally got home, I checked my battery and it tested good ? Then I remembered reading here on the forum about cleaning the grounds very well no matter what they looked like, and that was the problem ! Easy fix because, I read the the suggestions by the members for helping people having problems on forum.

So your never just winging it.

Good luck with the new to you bike.

http://buellmods.com/

Tell us about ur bike , Show us pics , please , welcome.

Okay thank you for your guys help . I guess I'll go back that was my fault for not explaining I've been riding Buell since 08 absolutely love them I own 3 right now I've always done all my own work and maintenance , as of right now I'm not in a position to work on my own bike myself and I'll be in California all summer and have no shop or tools so I wanted to see if there was a shop that could just get me set up for the year, if there was someone locally that would like to help me or even let me utilize there shop and tools would be ideal. I'll buy beer rent ect let me no thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast