Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to know before buying?

Yeah I get what you're saying. I'm not set on buying a Buell or even a new bike right now though. I just saw something that appeared to be a good deal at a glance so it caught my attention.
    My sport bike's engine needs basically a new everything so I was considering getting a whole new bike instead. I'm going to lose a bunch of money on that bike no matter what I do with it at this point so I don't know whether to rebuild or sell.

Tire kicker !

Banned
    There are no new Buells anymore. You probably are going to be disappointed with Buell because of it will likely need some fixes and maintenance. Basically if you will buy a Buell you will buy second motorcycle which will need new everything.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Tire kicker !
    you're correct as usual SR. deleting helpful posts. another 19 minutes out of my life i'll never get back. God Almighty!

what.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowcarbon View Post
    For not much more, you can get a nicer bike. It seems cheap at $2500, but when you consider you can get a nice one for $3500, the $1000 savings isn't much. The Micron is nice, but the bike does look rough.
    Especially if you can get a nicer bike for just a tad more. $1000 feels like a jump up, but over the long run, it isn't much when you spread it over several years.

I did the same thing I'm saying not to do when I got my Buell. I got the cheap roughed up 2004 XB-12S for $2500 (mainly because the dude would take a bunch of trade items in place of cash). I really should have bought, the 2008 XB-12STT for $3500 that was listed at the same time. So while it only costed me $1000 out of pocket, now I wished I got the STT for more and sold the trade items.

As for the Buell, it definitely is a different bike. I didn't fall in love with it right away as I was used to riding big inline fours (Bandit 1200S, FZ1, CBR1100, etc.). The Buell definitely rides differently and takes some getting used to. But once I did, I sold my CBR-1100XX as the Buell is a better bike for me.

CBR1100XX is such a cool bike, but sooo different from a Buell!

Those are some big bikes!

Banned

The only thing about a Buelly that is really disappointing is, that Teabag owns one and won't go away !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    The only thing about a Buelly that is really disappointing is, that Teabag owns one and won't go away !
    T Bag is the above tire, and the man is the group kicking him in the arss off the board, is what I see needs Happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12