Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's finally road worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    The engine architecture, no argument there. But with the extensive time and engineering put into the ones in the Buells (especially the Thunderstorm), I think Erik would take offense to that

Ironically, I've never had much issues with my Buells leaking. The '09 Sporty always marked it's territory. Odd for having 'the same engine'.... I'm sure it's in the DNA

I used to think the common leaks were always owner induced. As an example possibly from some owners using improper warm up time before really getting on it. Without any obvious issues, I really think it just comes down to tolerance in the mating surfaces, and or total stack up tolerances with gaskets. Luck of the draw as they say...

You are right about that! Engine design is a big part as well, don't split a seam thats under pressure or fluid (duh). Old Chevys leak, new ones don't, and to give "The Motor Company" credit the newly designed Harleys don't either

I used to take my 1970 trumpet chopper, and deliberately park next to the Harley guys, then I would take a white cotton towel and lay it under the bike and, just walk away. When I got back, the Harley guys would still be looking at the totally white towel with out a speck of oil on it and then they would say, hey man, like how do you do that ? I would answer, well, I could tell you if you road a triumph and then laughed and gave them the info after all, I didn't want to get my butt kicked.

Jeebus that's purdy! Hopefully I can do mine in about the same time, great job man!!

Looks great! Hard work pays off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12