Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Columbia MO

Hello from Columbia MO

I finally bought a buell after wanting one for 13 years, nothing special it's a 03 lightning, so far I have replaced the front tire, brake pads, o2 sensor, and fuel pump.I still have not got to ride it yet after I replaced the o2 sensor, but hopefully it will run fine. I have literally been obsessed with these bikes for year! LOL! anyway just saying HI to everybody.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello, hope you’re enjoying the bike. Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forum! Read around, there's a ton of great info to help you make it your own

If you're a DIY guy like most of us you'll want the service manual. You can find it for free at Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com

Welcome, Jeff! I always did have a thing for yellow and black paint schemes on bikes. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks, luckily the bike came with a service manual, and ecmspy software, and they both already have helped me out so much. I got the bike back together lastnight and now the battery is shot LOL! (always something)

Best battery to use is a big crank battery, it's made here is the States PA to be exact.

Good luck and welcome !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Best battery to use is a big crank battery, it's made here is the States PA to be exact.

Good luck and welcome !
    Cool! I'll check that out.
    Thanks

Welcome from Hannibal, MO! Glad to see other Buellers in the general area! I also have an 03 Lightning, but it's bone stock.

Cool, I have been to Hannibal a few times, give me a holler if you ever make it to Columbia.

Welcome to the family. I also caught the Buell bug back in the mid 90s before kids. A friend I use to ride with had a Buell and I was hooked. After finishing grad school at Mizzou and moving to Texas in 2011, I bought an 04 Lightning. 25k miles later, I just went over 44k on a round trip to Indiana, and she still makes me smile. Take care of it and it will take care of you. I am seriously considering adding a Uly to the stable for those long trips. Getting older sucks.

There is a wealth of information on here and numerous people who will help when you have questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast