Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Columbia MO

Bill the cat!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mriulvr View Post
    Welcome to the family. I also caught the Buell bug back in the mid 90s before kids. A friend I use to ride with had a Buell and I was hooked. After finishing grad school at Mizzou and moving to Texas in 2011, I bought an 04 Lightning. 25k miles later, I just went over 44k on a round trip to Indiana, and she still makes me smile. Take care of it and it will take care of you. I am seriously considering adding a Uly to the stable for those long trips. Getting older sucks.

There is a wealth of information on here and numerous people who will help when you have questions.
    I did not know about Buells until the newer generation ones came out in 03, ever since then I wanted a lightning, I am so happy I finally have one. I tend to buy and sell a lot and my buddies ask me how long before I sell the buell, I will never get rid of it! LOL. I have been doing research on the care and maint. on this bike, so far everything has been fairly easy to work on.

Just stumbled across this post. I live in OK and visit family in COMO a few times a year. I have an 06 XB12SS. same story as you, I wanted one for a decade or more before finally picking one up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12