Thread: clutch lever with perch

clutch lever with perch

Need a new clutch lever and was wondering what you guys are running. My factory lever has seen better days, bushing has wore out in it and created lots of play. Ordered a chinesium lever/perch set from ebay, {link} and it wont work, there isn't enough free cable.
    So if some one has a link or a recommendation for a good replacement, maybe an adjustable set, that would be great.

I’ve tried 2 different aftermarket options and hated them. My clutch lever was broken when I bought the bike and I ended up just using a new OEM

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...q=Clutch+lever

A new stock lever would be the easiest of course, why do you want a perch?

I just installed a set of Pazzo levers on my 2009 XB12Ss (http://www.pazzoracing.com/). Super easy to install and so far they work just as well as the OEM ones, with the added bonus of having an adjustable clutch lever. Maybe a bit pricey, but I like them.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted the whole set to make sure there wouldn't be any play. My oem perch looks good, but sense I'm replacing a lever might as well replace the perch.

The bushing in the stock lever is brass (maybe oillite?) so it is softer that the pivot bolt and will wear first, making it's replacement easy. I doubt you need a perch, they will last the life of the bike.

What do you mean by "play". Any play should be adjusted at the primary or with the cable. Check your manual.

By play I mean the up and down motion in the lever not in and out, as in Lever moves up-down relative to the bike.
    Edit: also would not mid it being closer to the bar to fit my hand better.

Up and down can be adjusted by slightly pinching it together, but I'd warn you about taking too much play out. Your hand doesn't grip and pull it exactly linear either, that why it seems sloppy.

If you want it closer to you, get adjustable levers. Be cautious with the eBay cheapies though. There aren't many problems now, but there used to be an issue with the brake side. Similar (GSXR) levers would bolt on but depress the master cylinder piston slightly. If you didn't notice while installing them (duh) it can make the front brake unable to release pressure and stay on once you apply the brakes hard. Thats a bad day....

Can be solved by sanding the adaptor, but up to you.

Just ordered an OEM lever. Thanks for your help.

You'll probably be the happiest with that You're welcome, have a great ride!