Thread: Fuel Map Cell Change Observations

Fuel Map Cell Change Observations

Own two 07 Lightnings. Have been playing and making changes on them since I've owned them. Used the origional ECMSpy, an old MLV program, plus comments from other owners to tune. Both bikes ran well, plenty of power and are smooth running.

Last couple weeks been dinking around with the fuel maps, (I'm retired). After the latest changes took the bike for a test spin.

-Bike ran a little rough for 10-12 miles.
    -Engine smoothed out quite a bit and performance improved.
    -After 30 or so miles engine's almost as smooth as ever was but with more zip, (better performance).

Driven the bike with these changes over several days. It continues to run better than ever. Here's where it gets interesting:

-AFV went from 99 to 122.
    -Mileage dropped from 48 or so to 46.
    -It will not go into Closed Loop.

-With bike idling and connected to the old ECMSpy
    -Blue closed loop, (CL) and red closed loop learn, (CLL) rectangles outlined on the fuel map
    -Throttle position blue dot activated

Rolled and bumped the throttle pushing the blue dot into CL & CLL. The green Open Loop icon does not shift to the yellow Closed Loop icon. Closed Loop does not show at all even though the blue dot is continuously passing through CL & CLL.

As the bikes are running great I'm not interested in changing a thing but I'm interested in learning what is going on. Insights and comments greatly appreciated.

Since you haven't gotten an answer, I would think they're either totally dumb struck or trying to digest it, I'm not good with that stuff but will follow the answers you get here. The results sound very interesting.

You may want to PM lowkey on here. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to ECM tuning and can probably provide some good insight.