Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires: what would you do?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I heard those Shenko tires are the best.
    Shinko.....Cheng Shin....Qingdao.....Woo-Tang-Clan. all great and top rated by latest Chinese consumer reports. right now i'm running a set of Woo-Tang-Clan ultra-sport radials along with a HellFire 1-percenter custom exhaust system and quite pleased with overall performance.
    love always,
    Jimmy540i

jimmy.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 06-20-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Yo Jimmy540i,
    Shinko - the only rubber I use:
    002DD917-CD79-4A49-9A56-5BA9A7CA39B4.jpg
    See you on Thursday at the bowling alley.
    Best,
    Jesus Quintana

Effing wu tang clan????? Hands down your best work to date John. I'm actually sick to my balls that I didn't come up with that one!!!!

All,

Happy to see Lunatic has joined the silliness. Love the scooter etc. post. I think, though, that the Shenko are Japanese, so they might be OK. I had the best luck ever with a pair of Angel GT's on the RX but when it was time to replace them I learned that they were now being made in China. Didn't much like that so went with the Metzlers

Opto

I am running set of Angel GT's on my 1190, They are working out very nicely. My pair are made in Germany.

That is good to know, Silver--When the Metzelers burn off I would enjoy getting another set of the Angels. They were far the best of all the multitude of tires I have gone through--particularly on the RX1190. Yes, mostly in sport touring mode.

Is the country of origin molded into the tire someplace?

Opto

I'm interested in that Hell fire 1%er exhaust. Sounds like something a Deplorable like me would run.

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    That is good to know, Silver--When the Metzelers burn off I would enjoy getting another set of the Angels. They were far the best of all the multitude of tires I have gone through--particularly on the RX1190. Yes, mostly in sport touring mode.

Is the country of origin molded into the tire someplace?

Opto
    Yes, its molded in the side wall.Angel01.jpg
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-21-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I'm interested in that Hell fire 1%er exhaust. Sounds like something a Deplorable like me would run.
    need year/make/model Josh to check availability. scooter applications only for now but expanding model line in near future. also note HellFire 1-percenter exhaust systems will ONLY be sold to qualifying deplorables and other great Americans. MEGA!! (make exhaust great again). love always, Jimmy540i

update if anyone cares, the new contimotion is on and the rear preload adjusted (i didn't have the tool and figured it was worth throwing the shop the cost of the tool to do it one time, since i'm a lardass and changing this setting again is extremely unlikely).

The preload adjustment made a huge difference in my confidence in the bike as it squats much less (duh, but i had no idea how much it was sagging, turns out a lot). Also having a round rear tire instead of a squared off rear tire makes a huge, good difference to tipping into corners (again, duh).

The bike was so 'wrong' suspension wise that i'm having to recalibrate how i ride it in a good way. Thanks to all for the tire suggestions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast