Thread: Renthal Ultra Low Bars

Renthal Ultra Low Bars

Hi.
    Had a search around but couldn't find anything on this, so...
    Bought some Renthal Ulta Low bars for my 2005 XB9SX and found that they touched on the tops of the forks.
    I shifted the forks down about a millimeter and the bars fit ok.
    However, I can't rotate them to the position I want - which is further forward, as they hit the forks again. I don't think shifting the forks more is the answer.
    I've look around at risers or adaptors but can't see an obvious thing to lift the bars a little to allow the rotation.
    I'd rather not fit the typical extension risers.

I'm puzzled as to why there doesn't seem to be others with the same issue - maybe no one fits Renthals ?

Am I missing something here ?

Any recommendations for making the fit more versatile?

Cheers

Kev.

PS. I'm in the UK.

I've had those exact bars on many XB's with no issue. Are they touching the pre-load adjusters? Do you weigh 100lbs so your pre-load adjuster nuts backed all the way out?

Since it's so close, You could either put in some fork pre-load to drop the nuts away from the bars or loosen both the upper and lower triples to slightly lower the forks in the trees. 1-2mm should be enough for clearance without affecting ride or handling.

Hi Cooter, thanks for the reply.
    I weigh in around 200lbs and so have 4.5 rings visible - I think that is correct but I could be wrong.
    I took a couple of pictures but I'll try and get a couple of better ones and post them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I ran Renthal Low bars on my XB's. Actually on one bike I ran the Road Streetfighter. I dont remember any fit issues (it was close thought), it was just a bit too wide for me.

I like the Ultra Lows on the SV650

ya 4-4.5 pre-load for a total rider and gear weight of 200lbs is the factory starting point. If screwing them down a turn will give you clearance, try that.