Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Dumped Fuel

  1. #11
    Thanks for the follow up. It's coming out of the overflow tube, left side tyre side of swing arm.
    Only just bought the bike so I do need to download the manual. I am after a hard copy preferably, any ideas?
    My wife named the bike and me Ferris, kinda stuck...

  2. #12
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    7,954
    Print it out?

    If not, I believe you can still buy them from Lance at SPHDonline.com

    The overflow hose only goes up to the top of the tank right side of the filler cap. It's a very odd problem, but there only one thing up there. I'd replace it.

    #11. About $20

  3. #13
    That is great info, thank you. Is this the pressure relief valve?

  4. #14
    A previous post from lunatic pointed this way as well. I have asked Lance if he can help out. I will let you know how I go.
    I am 2 weeks from being home so if he has the parts the timing for them to reach me will be about right.

  5. #15
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,004
    I thought the plastic/nylon tube by the swingarm near the (foot) controls was the vent... not the overflow.

    When my SS was running hot due to a faulty head temp sensor, it would push quite a bit of fuel out of it.

  6. #16
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Buell R View Post
    Just a thought, why did fuel discharge increase when the revs were raised?
    I'm going to grasp for straws here... but here goes:

    Since the stock exhaust exits to the left, perhaps the exhaust blowing across the end of tube created a minor venturi effect. Feel free to shoot holes all over that, but who knows... maybe its just a perfect storm of coincidences.

  7. #17
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Print it out?

    If not, I believe you can still buy them from Lance at SPHDonline.com

    The overflow hose only goes up to the top of the tank right side of the filler cap. It's a very odd problem, but there only one thing up there. I'd replace it.

    #11. About $20
    I considered printing it out one time, but the cost of the factory book was about the same price as printing out all the pages, then getting them wire bound together. I think Fed Ex office wanted $.08 a page for B&W and the factory book is 638 pages.

    That said, my last factory Harley books binding failed right away. Luckily, I know that Fed Ex Office offers wire binding and was able to put some plastic overs on it as well.

    With the Buell books, I just print out the needed pages for the job and bring them into the garage with me.

  8. #18
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AmishLand, PA.
    Posts
    7,526
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I thought the plastic/nylon tube by the swingarm near the (foot) controls was the vent... not the overflow.

    When my SS was running hot due to a faulty head temp sensor, it would push quite a bit of fuel out of it.
    it's the over-flow tube aaron. the vent is in the cap. SOP on all motorcycles fuel tanks.

  9. #19
    Thanks again. BTW I have a Jardine slip on. I am assuming that it was the over flow tube as on most bikes. It may be the Tank pressurising, this May of vented by the time I took the cap off?
    Lance has the part and I will order, any thoughts?

  10. #20
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    it's the over-flow tube aaron. the vent is in the cap. SOP on all motorcycles fuel tanks.

    OK, for some reason I was thinking #11 in the diagram, was a tank vent.



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •