Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a spare dipstick?

Anyone have a spare dipstick?

Ok, just so we're clear on this, I'm an idiot. Checked my oil yesterday, was a tiny bit low, looked in the shed for a refill and walked away from the bike. Other stuff went on ( may or may not have been beer related) Long story short got home from work today and my dipstick is gone. I've got a four day trip coming up July 1st long weekend and I'm looking for help. Anyone got a spare? Please PM me if you've got one.

Opps sorry, it's an 2008 XB 12-R

I don't have an extra but for $18 and free shipping you'll be ready to ride!

https://www.ebay.com/i/312148167479?chn=ps

Probably Tscag has some extra dipsticks

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    Probably Tscag has some extra dipsticks
    I am working on another batch of "extended" dipsticks. They should be available after April 1.

Quote Originally Posted by racepro716 View Post
    Ok, just so we're clear on this, I'm an idiot. Checked my oil yesterday, was a tiny bit low, looked in the shed for a refill and walked away from the bike. Other stuff went on ( may or may not have been beer related) Long story short got home from work today and my dipstick is gone. I've got a four day trip coming up July 1st long weekend and I'm looking for help. Anyone got a spare? Please PM me if you've got one.
    The best part is that when you receive your replacement, the lost one will magically appear.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I am working on another batch of "extended" dipsticks. They should be available after April 1.
    Good idea, I had to get a longer dipstick too when I noticed it would no longer reach the oil.

Banned
    Attach the new dipstick with leash to the motorcycle frame so you won't loose it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Good idea, I had to get a longer dipstick too when I noticed it would no longer reach the oil.
    The struggle is real.

I'm working on an adjustable unit so you can custom tailor your dipstick to match your oil level.

Ok, so here's where I sit tonight. Cooter, Thanks for hunting me one down on E-Bay. $25 Canadian for a broken part sounds a bit much though. Called a sorta local ( an hour away) Harley dealer, Brown's Harley in Mississauga Ont. they've been real good to me in the past. Part is on order out of the States, should be here in under 2 weeks $8.00 Canadian. As for now I was able to fab a plug held in place by a bracket tied to the bolt next to the oil fill hole that holds the rear fender on. TPEHAK, the new plug is held in place with saftey wire as the new dipstick will be. Thanks everybody for your help. You guys never cease to amaze me how much help you offer people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast