I’m looking for a richer fuel map for my bog standard ’07 Uly, as if the factory tuned it for best running without regard to emissions.
With the standard map it misfires occasionally at small throttle openings, like when I'm idling along in slow traffic. It also gives a sense of not running properly everywhere else, a sort of edginess to the throttle response, which I believe is because the factory programmed it lean to meet emission standards.
The misfire and that 'lean running' feeling disappears when I lock the upper and lower AFV limits at 108%. Now it has a liquid surge of power from 2500 - 4000 rpm and throttle response that's great, although the engine braking is worse.
However, I understand locking the AFV like that gives 8% more fuel everywhere, even where it’s not needed (like engine braking) and maybe not enough in other places. I also loose altitude compensation and closed loop running fuel efficiency.
What I'm looking for is a map where the bike runs as well as the ~8% enrichment at normal road speed (50-70mph) while retaining the altitude compensation and closed loop running and decent engine braking.
I thought I’d found the answer with the IDS ‘Performance ECM for the Stock Bike’. However, Tim at IDS says it’s essentially the same map as the 07 XB and that I wouldn’t notice any difference with it, and that I should continue to run with the AFV locked rich.
Does anyone have an optimized map for a stock bike I can load with EcmDroid? If not where should I go from here?
Thx - jv