Thread: Richer Fuel Map Hijack

Richer Fuel Map Hijack

I tried to hijack John's thread on this with my own questions. No response yet so starting a new thread. HOpe I am not beating a dead horse. Maybe i just did not understand the previous answers.

Cooter, you said the EBR race map is a fuel only map which will be an improvement over the stock map, even with a stock exhaust. Is there a race map available which can be installed on the stock ECM and still allow the active exhaust valve to operate? Would that be the race map listed on the Buelltooth site? If not, is it fair to say that the answer to John's question is that there is not a downloadable map that will improve fueling for the stock exhaust. And if that is true, then is tuning individually using ecmspy the only or best way to get optimal fueling/timing using the stock system (assuming adequate tuning knowledge/experience)?

Is there a downside to locking AFV at a level that improves rideability?

I'd just like to repeat, I have been really impressed with the level of technical knowledge on this site and appreciated John's piece on grounding.

Also, assuming I want to use the buelltooth dongle to connect with ecmspy, do i have to download ecmspy onto an android device or will it work with a windows device? I was just about to download it onto my pc laptop. Already have the cable but I like the other options buelltooth offers. I did not see any instructions at the ecmspy site for making it compatible with buelltooth.

For Bluetooth device and Android phone or tablet you go to Google Play store and download ecmdroid. Then use it to download maps or check fault codes or whatever you need to do. Ecmspy and cable you can use on your laptop to do same thing. I think ecmdroid is more user friendly but that is me.

Last edited by rchuff; 08-17-2018 at 12:14 PM.