Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP - 1125R won't build oil pressure after oil change

HELP - 1125R won't build oil pressure after oil change

My 2009 1125R won't build oil pressure after oil change. I used the hiflo 564 filter, 3.0 quarts Mobil 1 vtwin oil, drained from left to right, new crush washers... By the book. I have run the bike for a few minutes and the oil light stays on, loud mechanical chatter, something is not right. I even tried rocking the bike forward and back, left and right, no change.

This is my second 1125R to make this sound and I'm worked my engine is about to seize. Please help.

Have you dropped the oil pump screen sump? Both of my 1125's 08,09 models had what looked like chunks of epoxy built up around the screen. Doubt it will fix your problem but a good place to start. You will need a new gasket for the plate.

My 09 model had a loud chatter when I first bought it and it turned out to be a improperly torqued charging rotor.

I'll check the screen, thank you for the suggestion.

I've got 15k+ miles on 1125Rs so I definitely understand the clatter, and recognize this to be severely different

Good point Cosworth, Yes its often over looked, Due to accessibility. How long have you had the bike? Has it ever been cleaned? oil009.jpg

I've had it 1 year/3000 miles

3K on the bike or you have put 3K on the bike in the last yr ? What are the total miles on ur bike?

http://buellmods.com/
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-15-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Edit..duh.

How long have you let it run for? You didn't mention if the oil light is on? or is it just making noise?

Did you make SURE to have the O-ring on the end of the filter that goes towards the engine? It seals the passages..
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-15-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Duh!

(I saw what you did)

You may want to check to be sure its not a faulty oil pressure switch. My CR wasnt especially quiet, but I dont remember it sounding like it was running dry.

What was the issue on your first 1125 to make that sound?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Duh!

(I saw what you did)

Serious brain fry. Been working in Nashville from 2:30am to 2pm 7 days in a row so far. It's hot!, humid, and worse in the shop. They have (4) 6' by 24' gas conveyor dryers running at 900* inside. Ugh. Posting and napping is bad Mmmmkay

But the town is awesome! I've been 'researching' pre-prohibition drinks and found some cool speakeasies so far! Love me a good Sazerac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast