Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! -- Funnel tip fell inside rear swing arm reservoir..

Hybrid View

Help! -- Funnel tip fell inside rear swing arm reservoir..

I am quite far from mechanically savvy. I know how to check the breaks, tires, and do oil changes. Thats it.
    Got a new funnel from canadian tire with some nice measurements on the can and a release valve too!

Oil change went without a hitch until I went to add oil to the rear swing arm.

Only problem is the rubber end on the hose went in the hole but didn't come out.

Now the rubber end is somewhere inside my rear swing arm reservoir and I have no idea how to solve this. The OD of the rubber tip must have been almost exactly the same as the ID of the hole. It is fairly strong thick rubber. I've tried to feel inside to see if its accessible but ive had no luck, its dropped down inside somewhere...

This bike is my main source of commute.

My only solution in mind is a replacement swing arm. I found em online for 50 bucks but its a pretty big job! I definitely do not have the means to do it on my own being in an apartment and not having a centre jack.

Any suggestions or solutions from you wizards out there?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Cheers.

Banned
    How big it is? What is the shape of the tip? Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    How big it is? What is the shape of the tip? Any pictures?
    Its a 1.5 inch length piece of rubber tubing around the same diameter as the opening. Its pretty solid. I used forceps but the longest ive got is 7 inches. The reservoir is much deeper then that.

Are there any moving parts inside the swing arm? What could be compromised running the bike with the tube inside?

Calm down. Set the bike on the stand, drain the oil, look inside see if in fact the plug is inside the tank. If it is, get it out. Use forceps or similar. If you cant reach it with what ever pliers/puller you have, use something to poke/pirece plug with just to lift it up to the hole, then grab with pliers. Harbor Freight or auto parts store out to have something you can use to fish that bad boy out. Good luck.
    Last edited by cossack84; 06-17-2018 at 02:59 AM.

Just the tip?

I’ve gotten myself in trouble the same way!

Like the guys are saying drain your oil, look and see where its at ,get one of these https://www.amazon.com/PF-WaterWorks...72882520&psc=1
    pull it up then grab it with a needle nose and pull it out .

Again teabag, not "how big it is" but rather, how big is it.

As mentioned above, drain the oil then get a piece of soft wire, loop it and then try and fish around for it. Once you get it out, send that piece of crap to teabag, so he can use it to change his oil !

Banned
    No need to drain the oil, just use piece of wire to fish this out.

Do as redsaw and other guys said except TEABAG and drain your oil in clean container then use something to fish it up to top of swingarm. Would not leave in their!! Use a piece of wire with small hook on it and fish it down the middle of the rubber hose so when you pick it up it will hook the other side of hose and lift slowly.
    Last edited by rchuff; 06-17-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    Do as redsaw and other guys said except TEABAG and drain your oil in clean container then use something to fish it up to top of swingarm. Would not leave in their!! Use a piece of wire with small hook on it and fish it down the middle of the rubber hose so when you pick it up it will hook the other side of hose and lift slowly.
    This
    And don't feel bad about your ordeal, things like this can happen to the best of us s#!+ happens!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast