Thread: Shoulder screws for Windscreen ?

Shoulder screws for Windscreen ?

Hello every one !

I bought some new translusent airboxes and Windscreens for my XB ! I am so happy !
    I dont want them to get dommaged by the screws so I have two translucent airbox hardware kit like this one :

That should be fine for the airbox.

Unfortunatly, I don't fine any solution for the windscreen and I definitly trust myself to brake it some day... So I am searching for some shoulder screws for the windscreen. Just like the screws for the airbox :

Does it exists ?
    Last edited by Niklos; 06-21-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Inactive
    none i've ever seen but not required. simply install a clear or white nylon washer under the head of the factory screw....blue loc-tite onto the screw threads....and ONLY tighten till it's barely snug. this gives the cushioning effect needed to lessen the chance of cracking the fragile transluscent wind screens. a shoulder bolt/screw would not accomplish what you're looking for.

Yep, now that I think about it, the right shoulder screw would be hard to find. I bought like 20 nylon washers. I'll but 2 on each side of the windscreen for every screw.
    Then I am thinking about a way to not be able to tighten the screw too much. With a capnut or something like that... I don't know yet. So I will put new nylon washers first and then about something that would stop the screw where I want it to be.

Inactive
    as i mentioned a "shouldered" bolt will NOT accomplish what you're looking for. you are looking for smooth and minimal pressure against the front AND back of the wind screen. i put an extremely thin piece of gasket material on left and right side of housing where it mates to the back of windscreen....washer under each bolt.....blue loctite on threads....and just tighten down till barely snug. it works well. don't over-think this.

I bought a whole bag of washers. I'll try to put 4 on each screw (2 on each side).

The washer I bought are too hard... too bad. So I have only 2 regular washers and it is fine so far.
    I would like to have a couple more screews for the windscreen as the one I have are going to die pretty fast... Metric tools on imparial sized screws is not so good ! Anyways. I would like to buy a couple new screws for the windscreen but I would like to have many more just like the regular one and some anodized colored. Do you know where I can find this on ebay or aliexpress (shipping to France) ?
    I only found one seller that sell some (other than HD that is wayyyyyy to expensive !) and only in black :
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-10-UNC-UN...frcectupt=true

Any idea ?