Thread: Painted muffler

Painted muffler

Muffler is really beat up, I really want to get the rust off of it, I hate rust LOL! I don't know what brand muffler it is, it came with the bike.
    thumbnail.jpg

exhaust.jpg

Sandblasted and went over it with a wire wheel.
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg

Inactive
    nice work. it's an XB pro-series race muffler. should have "jack point" stamped into bottom of it towards the rear. pretty rare desirable muffler. they sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    nice work. it's an XB pro-series race muffler. should have "jack point" stamped into bottom of it towards the rear. pretty rare desirable muffler. they sound great.
    Cool I didn't know that, it does have "jack point" stamped on front and rear, it does sound good, I just wish it wasn't so beat up.
    Thanks

I am the same way can't stand rust on things especially on my bike even though it is the muffler. Nice job and will make your bike look nicer. I have seen guys pay big money for ones that look way worse then yours.
    Last edited by rchuff; 06-23-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    I am the same way can't stand rust on things especially on my bike even though it is the muffler. Nice job and will make your bike look nicer. I have seen guy pay big money for ones that look way worse then yours.
    LOL I honestly thought it was home made, because I could not find information on it, later on I'm going to clean up the headers.

Took a couple of pictures before I left for work this morning.

thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg