Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Brake Pulse

I wiped everything down with brake cleaner, but I'll be sure to give it all a quick sand when I take it apart again.

Cooter, for the anti-seize is that a coating on the washers and spring? Or on the bolts as well? Or do you thread lock those?

sinikl, mine feels pretty sketchy, like I shouldn't be riding it, which I'm pretty much not right now. Just some short trips around town. At high speeds the vibration from the front when braking feels like it's going to back out some bolts. At low speeds it makes the front dive, it's that bad. I have no idea how the PO could ride it. So I'm barely touching the front brakes, mostly using the rear when I do take it out.

I'll check out the EBR hardware in the future when I can justify throwing more money at this pile. Nothing more expensive than a cheap Buell apparently

I put anti-seize on everything and torque the bolts. I don't know if loctite is specified for those bolts in the manual but I've never needed it. I have had a few nightmares trying to un-do it though....

I finally had a chance to finish putting the new parts on and take it out for a ride. The new footpegs (stock) were an inch lower than what the PO put on and they're a way better position. Makes sitting on the bike more comfortable and I feel less folded up.

The front brake felt so much better it's like night and day. Just a smooth solid braking feel. No pulsing, and way more control.

Putting on the EBC rotor was a little annoying. The cutouts for the thick square washers were too small and I had to file down the inside of the cutouts, and grind down the sides of the washers slightly to fit in. I could have forced the disc on by just tightening the bolts before grinding to fit, but then the disc would have been stuck and wouldn't have had the designed in float.

Now the downside. I made it about 3 blocks before my dash totally died and I had to pin the throttle to keep the motor from dying. I made it back and my battery read 11.8v which is basically at 0% charge. So here's another money pit I'll have to deal with.

I'm hoping the regulator and alternator are good. I'll be checking that tomorrow.

Last edited by leakyrat; 08-14-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12