Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Battery: fan keeps running

Your next step is to hand your bike over to a mechanic.

Inactive
    i'm not trying to be overly critical here but you have a bit of a mess on your hands. typically crossed cables result in popped fuses...perhaps a few bulbs...popped diode fuse....possibly a destroyed ecm.....fried fuse box relays....and even a few fried wires. if i were you i would start by removing the fuse box lid and individually remove each fuse and the diode(it's the fuse with arrow on it facing exhaust header side of bike) and check each closely. from that point see what you have. if a thorough check of all fuses and relays doesn't result in the bike starting and running sufficiently seek out a knowledgeable buell/sportster tech in your area and make arrangements.

John,^^^^^Will help you through this , And don't feel bad you aren't the first to have done this, and you will not be the last.

I appreciate your input Wow sounds like I messed up. I was going to sell it but now only 1319 miles on my SCG. I would have to take a big hit. I just don't have time to ride it. Im going to take a look @ the fuses as lunaticfringe suggested but just going to look. Silverrider.. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nameso; 06-30-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Banned
    It is very risky to look on the fuses because of you have to remove the seat, find the fuses box and remove fuses box lid and then assemble everything back. Only certified Buell mechanic can see the fuses!
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 06-28-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Listen to John. Next time you feel like tackling something and you are even a tiny bit unsure of yourself, come here and ask first, YouTube can be very helpful as well. We've all made mistakes man, you'll be fine. Take your time, do some research if need be, maybe even ask a friend that is more mechanically inclined than you are. It gets done right and you learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by tpehak View Post
    it is very risky to look on the fuses because of you have to remove the seat, find the fuses box and remove fuses box lid and then assemble everything back. Only certified buell mechanic can see the fuses!
    wtf!!!

Banned
    When I was taking it is risky I meant the guy who randomly attached battery terminals can randomly stick fuses in the slots. One of the a bunch of worst cases scenarios is you stick in the fuel pump circuit a fuse with higher amperage then it supposed to be there, then fuel pump goes bad, shortening wires, fuel pump wires are getting hot because of hight amperage fuse in line, so finally you are riding big fireball.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 06-29-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Where are you located ?

Believe it of not, reversed cables aren't the end of the world. Not to be confused with crossed cables, that would be catastrophic.

nameso: Check the fuses and replace the 4 relays and diode. If that doesn't fix it, go see a mechanic. Even a good car mechanic can sort it out quickly for you. The bike should be ok with a little competent help no worries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast