Thread: 08 Buell Blast - Clicking Sound at Starter when Trying to Start

Question 08 Buell Blast - Clicking Sound at Starter when Trying to Start

I'm new to the community and recently purchased an 08 Buell Blast thats turned into a Cafe Racer with 8K miles. 5 miles down the road after purchase the bike stalled at a red light and when I tried to start it again, all I get is a clicking noise at the starter siliniod. The battery is new and was purchased in March of 2018. I've tightened down positive and negative wires as best I can find but its still not cranking. Any guidance and help would be greatly appreciated as I've only gotten to ride my new bike for 20 min.

You say its a new Batt, You need to do a load test and see if the Batt is currently good.

I'll post outcome later tonight. I've had the battery on a charger all day and will be testing tonight. Thanks again for the support and help. I'm so excited to ride but haven't gotten the chance.

Inactive
    95% of similar problems to yours is battery related as SR pointed out. NOT using a battery tender for this simple test do this:
    1-remove both cables from both batt terminals and thoroughly clean the terminal ends and cable ends.
    2-connect both cables and give the batt a 6-8 amp charge for 20 minutes or thereabouts.
    3-using a multi-meter or simple DC volt meter now test the battery at the terminals. you want to see approx. 13.2 volts
    4-with volt meter remaining attached now turn on ignition switch and kill switch to on. you want to see approx. 12 volts
    5-""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" now try to start. if voltage falls below 10 amps the battery is junk.
    and if the battery says "China" on it anywhere it's garbage. replace it.

Thank you both users for your help. You were right. Battery wasn’t charged sufficiently. I put it on the charger all day, came home from work, turned the key and she fired right up. I’m thrilled and so excited to ride my much sought after Buell Blast Cafe Racer.