Thread: 09 XB12r wont charge

09 XB12r wont charge

2009 XB12r wont charge and I think I know why.
    f7lFZko.jpg
    The bike has about 15,000 miles on it and one random hot day the it started not charging. I am running a shorai battery, right side air scoop, Drummer SS with IDS matching tune, STM slipper clutch, led rear with integrated turns, and 35w HID headlights. Any ideas why this would happen? The VR was fine and I wasn't having any electrical issues prior.

Banned
    Bad voltage regulator may shorten the stator, or wires between voltage regulator and stator have been shortened, or voltage regulator wires have been shortened due to vibration. In your case it looks like the voltage regulator coil wires have been shortened because of only some coils are burned, not all of them. Those copper wire has thin enamel insulation, this insulation can be easily protruded due to vibration so the coil wires can be easily shortened.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 07-08-2018 at 07:01 AM.

The VR was fine, I hope it was one of those stuff happens situations but I will see. I’m now stuck waiting for the stator fasteners to come in. I didn’t realize the service manual says you should replace them. Contacted Lance at St. Paul and he had them for .99 a piece.