Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ZTL2 worth it over ZTL1 ?

I ran the ztl2 mc for almost a year. Just upgraded to the 3/4” EBR mc. The EBR mc is a significant improvement. No more soft brake lever. Nice and firm

I thought about it. Unfortunatly, it looks ugly !

I don’t think it’s too bad. I have asv levers and a nice bar mount for the reservoir. I’d show you if I could figure out how to post pics

Well, I want my bike to looks as stock as possible. But I also like to have the last Buell technologies !
    Actually, the only things that are not stock on my bike are : front brake, K&N filter and ceramic coating on the headers and exhaust (I prefere the way it looked before, unfortunatly, it is the only way not to get it all rusty...)

I bought a brand new xb12 header for my 9 motor project. After a year of riding it still looks good. Seems like if you try and keep it clean it won’t tarnish as bad.

I can lift the back wheel off the ground @ 100 with the combination I run. Must be careful

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    I bought a brand new xb12 header for my 9 motor project. After a year of riding it still looks good. Seems like if you try and keep it clean it won’t tarnish as bad.
    Well, you can clean as much as want, it will get rusty anyways (may take more than a year tho). If it is not on the outside, it will be on the inside. It is suppose to be stainless metal but it is definitly not. Many guys had a bad crack nearby the muffler (which also get rusty)

Quote Originally Posted by Niklos View Post
    Well, you can clean as much as want, it will get rusty anyways (may take more than a year tho). If it is not on the outside, it will be on the inside. It is suppose to be stainless metal but it is definitly not. Many guys had a bad crack nearby the muffler (which also get rusty)
    I owned my ulysses for 10 years and the header never once got rusty. Wash your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    incredibly bad info based on lack of knowledge, personal opinion, innuendo and heresay.
    having owned over 25 assorted XB's to date i've never seen 1 spec of rust on any exhaust header. mufflers....yes. headers...no!
    the headers are manufactured from a specific metal with high-nickel content. in NO brochures....manuals....advertising...or dealer literature was there ever any mention of them being stainless steel.
    a header that cracks ANYWHERE has either been subject to abuse....installed incorrectly by a privateer.... had the stock muffler incorrectly attached to both it and the mounting brackets.....or a victim of faulty front mounting bracket pivot bushings.
    if you're going to besmirch and sully the reputation of the buell marque at least know what the hell you're talking about....which clearly you do not.
    I will find the sources don't worry :-).

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    or dealer literature was there ever any mention of them being stainless steel.
    Here is one : https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...12x-models-u7b
    "Genuine Buell stainless steel header."

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast