Thread: Tuning in WI

Tuning in WI

Need a little help tuning in WI.
    I have ECMspy and the cable. Software is loaded and I was able to view data but not the maps. Seems i'm missing something and don't want to make the ecm a brick. I would like to take the bike in for tuning after some mods and no seems to have software. Any suggestion for tuners in WI or can someone help with getting my software working?
    Thanks!

Bike mods
    K&N
    Open air box
    Race ECM
    D&D exhaust
    NRHS 1250 kit
    cam
    Head work
    Breather reroute

No offense, but you sound very umfamillier with the tuning process.
    You should contact IDS at IDSpeed.com. They are close to you in Indiana.

If you want to continue to try and tune the bike yourself with ECMSpy, the instructions that come with the program you are using are very clear and I would suggest you spend some time reading them before you start pressing any more buttons.

Good luck! Hope you get to go riding soon

Cooter,
    Bike is running but I feel it could be running better. Yes, I'm not a tuner hence the post looking for a tuner. No one I have contacted has the software to tune which is why I was attempting to install on my PC so someone else could tune for me. I did contact IDS and and can buy their tune able ECM and software for $630 then find someone to tune for me but I thought maybe a fellow Bueller in the could lend a hand. They also offer pretuned ECMs for $300. My worry is the bike had a race ECM in it and I have no idea what tune is in it so I may not gain anything with a IDS ECM tuned for the same thing that was on the bike before the engine mods I did.
    My problem seems to be with the activation base which I'm guessing has something to do with trying to install on windows10? I recieved a key but nothing in the download area.

Thats cool. You don't need a "tunable ECM" for a Buell. Thats what you're trying to do with ECMSpy (or ECMDroid) with the one you have.

The "Race ECM" is identical to the stock ECM in every way and you are right, you wouldn't know what is on there now. Since it runs ok and you just want to try tuning it to see if it could be better, I would suggest the same exact datalog, MLV, download, datalog, MLV, loop that works for every other bike. No need to start with a different tune at all.

I would highly recommend putting on a WB O2 sensor for the process.