Thread: XB9SX died and won't start

XB9SX died and won't start

Pulled up into the petrol station and my Buell died and won't start. Electrical cut out.

If I push on the fusebox the power come back on but cuts out again if I let go.

Anybody had this problem before?

Thanks
    Cad.

Inactive
    Anybody had this problem before?

yes.
    in all likelihood either a faulty key switch relay or corroded female lugs that the blade fuses plug into. for starters remove ignition/key switch/battery fuses and check them along with the lugs each one plugs into. if they're corroded or dirty they must be cleaned and lightly lubricated with something such as aero or kano kroil. have also seen a faulty key switch relay do this and tapping the top of it brings the bike back to life. if that's the case simply replace it. common chrysler and ford a/c relay available any parts house. i'd also carefully check the ground wires from fuse box/sub harness that bolt onto the left frame rail lug. seeing as how it's the UK i'd bet on corroded fuse connections.

Hi Lunaticfringe thanks for that. The AA man hard wired the bike up so I could get it home. One of the relays is dead and a supply isn't getting to one of the fuses. Got to get that sorted out at the weekend now.
    Does anyone know if these relays on Amazon are any good for our Buells?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...Y04H1Y1&psc=1#
    They looks the same and have the same terminal markings as my grey ones.

Inactive
    always my pleasure and yes....those should be fine. just confirm they're 30 amp. here's pic of what all XB relays look like. they are all the same and all 30 amp. as stated before being the UK in all likelihood you have corrosion and lots of it in the fuse box area. see this alot here from XB's that come out of the corrosive atlantic ocean coastline area.

s-l1600.jpg